lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2020, 07:43 PM   #1
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 19
Default Ez-go RVX brake light conversion

I have a 2016 EZ-GO RVX. The brake lights are activated by a pedal pad that rarely works without the exact amount of pressure in exactly the right spot. Is there any way to keep the existing lights but convert this to a solenoid or mechanical actuator to activate the brake lights similar to what I had on my Club Car Precent?
JoseGaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 01-15-2020, 12:34 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: TN/NC/GA Tri-state area
Posts: 3,711
Default Re: Ez-go RVX brake light conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseGaspar View Post
I have a 2016 EZ-GO RVX. The brake lights are activated by a pedal pad that rarely works without the exact amount of pressure in exactly the right spot. Is there any way to keep the existing lights but convert this to a solenoid or mechanical actuator to activate the brake lights similar to what I had on my Club Car Precent?
The RXV uses a 24V relay to allow the controller to manage the brake lights. The controller does a much better job than a pedal switch pad. The relay is available from E-Z-GO.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:26 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Posts: 761
Default Re: Ez-go RVX brake light conversion

I have an aftermarket light kit that came with the same pad you have. Horrible to say the least. I tossed it and used this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-RXV-Go...cAAOSwWo5dVt7e. Had to splice it into the aftermarket light wire harness (not factory cart wiring) and it works great.
jneubig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #4
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 19
Default Re: Ez-go RVX brake light conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The RXV uses a 24V relay to allow the controller to manage the brake lights. The controller does a much better job than a pedal switch pad. The relay is available from E-Z-GO.
Thank you Bob. Much appreciated.
JoseGaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #5
JoseGaspar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 19
Default Re: Ez-go RVX brake light conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I have an aftermarket light kit that came with the same pad you have. Horrible to say the least. I tossed it and used this one https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-RXV-Go...cAAOSwWo5dVt7e. Had to splice it into the aftermarket light wire harness (not factory cart wiring) and it works great.
Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated.
JoseGaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Deluxe light kit question: Not getting 12v Constant to brake switch / brake wire Electric Club Car
2012 Club Car brake light switch under brake pedal pad Electric Club Car
Brake cable snapped, disc brake conversion? Electric EZGO
Ultimate light Kit Upgrade Brake light issue Electric Club Car
G2 Drum brake to disk brake conversion help Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.