lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2015, 04:00 AM   #1
nijode
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G1 jerks into gear

Just bought a Yamaha G1 which seems to run OK so far, but it shifts hard into gear. As I depress the accelerator it goes from 'Out of Gear' to 'In' with a jerk which often 'chirps' the rear wheels. Besides whiplash I'm worried about damaging something. Any ideas? All help appreciated. I'm believe that it is a G1 because it has bucket seats.
nijode is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2015, 04:10 AM   #2
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 jerks into gear

Sounds like a problem in the belt clutch area. These being older carts get wear on the belts causing them too have too much slack which could be your problem.

The clutches also get dry and worn.

I'd check the belt for width and see how tight it is. Also check the condition. May be time for a new one.

First, jack up the rear of the cart and set it on blocks/jack stands. Make sure it is steady and then start the cart and push the throttle down and see how high in the sheaves the belt is going on the drive clutch and how low in the driven clutch at full throttle and make sure the belt is setting down completely in the drive clutch and at the top of the driven clutch at an idle. See how they all look as you run thru various speeds. Watch for wobble of sheaves and listen for any unusual noises.

Check the wear pads on the driven clutch and then take a look at the spring. Take the cover off the drive clutch and see how things look. There are many posts on how too remove and lube the clutch as well and I'd do that. I'd also remove the driven clutch and lube the shaft.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha