lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
gmwinder
Not Yet Wild

Default Can't find fuse for headlights

I just installed a cigarette lighter to charge my phone and Skycaddie. I had everything working great until there was a short and now my headlights don't work. The rear lights are fine but when I checked the power line for the headlights there is no juice. Rear lights and turn signals work fine. I assume I have blown a fuse somewhere but I can't seem to locate it. Any ideas please?
My Club Car is a 2001 DS

Thanks

Gary
gmwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Can't find fuse for headlights

mine has a fuse block on frame passenger side in battery box .. but they are for tail & headlights
i would check the wires and ground for headlights
Old 07-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Did you wire the cig lighter to your voltage reducer or your headlight hot wire.
Also you may have put a cig lighter on you cart instead of a power plug. If you look down in the receiver and see two spring like clips one on each side it is a cig lighter. You can remove it and break the spring clips off and it will not short out when you plug you gps etc into it.
The spring clips on the part you plug into the power plug will short the cig lighter and either blow a fuse or burn something, if they happen to align with the springs in the plug.

Look in you auto, most have several power plugs and one cig lighter plug. You will see the difference.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Did u check power before the headlight switch or after the switch? Every light kit i bought the light switch has failed. I didnt always go cheap either 169$ isnt cheap in my book. You may just have a faulty switch.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:08 AM   #5
gmwinder
Not Yet Wild

I wired the lighter to the headlight hot wire. The tail light power is fine and they are working so it's not the switch. I just need to find the fuse for the headlight power assuming there is one. I guess there has to be for the wire to be dead?

OK....so I checked the bulbs for the headlights and they are blown. So maybe there isn't a fuse?

Thanks for the help I'll let you know when and if I find it.

Gary

Last edited by gmwinder; 07-22-2014 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Added comments
Old 07-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
gmwinder
Not Yet Wild

So now the tail lights don't work and but the turn signals do. Maybe the switch is broken now? How can I check to see if the switch still works?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
crash test dummy

head/tail lights and turn signals are on different wiring
take wires off switch ...touch them together .. if lights work switch is bad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car