lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Trailer ramp question

All

I just purchased a new 16' trailer to haul my Harley and golf cart at the same time. It has both a side load ramp gate and a rear load ramp gate. Both ramp gates are bi-fold. My cart is a 2003 DS IQ stock. When I tried to load on the side ramp the cart hit bottom. The approach is a little shallower on the back ramp and was able to get on there. I need to use the side gate for the cart and the back for the MC. Is there a way to get a little more lift on the cart without adding a lift kit and new tires and wheels? If I do get a lift kit what would be considered the standard lift height without going crazy and same thing for wheel and tires size. I want to keep a good comfort ride and quiet tire noise if possible. Any recommendations were be appreciated.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

You can move the leaf springs from under the rearend to on top. But have you tried just putting down some 8' 2x8's just to extend the ramp angle out some more ?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Trailer ramp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
You can move the leaf springs from under the rearend to on top. But have you tried just putting down some 8' 2x8's just to extend the ramp angle out some more ?

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for the reply. I have not tried the 2x8's but think that would most likely work. I'd rather not have to carry around the 2x8's however and would like to use the ramps as designed. Could you explain a little more about the leaf springs being moved and how would that affect the ride and handling?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Post Re: Trailer ramp question

Moving the leaf springs to mount on top of the axle is about as little lift as you can get in the rear, they're mounted under the axle from the factory. The problem with that plan is it only lifts the rear (think old school hot rod stance), and there's no "simple" way to lift the front end of a Club Car. Boards are gonna be simplest most likely...
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Noserider are you talking about high centering at the ramp-trailer junction or tail drag at the ground-ramp junction ?
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Noserider are you talking about high centering at the ramp-trailer junction or tail drag at the ground-ramp junction ?

Never got far enough up the ramp to tell if the tail was going to drag but the frame bottomed out first. I think the tail would have made it however.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #7
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

OK, I'm a little confused about the description (photo or drawing would help). With my 93 CC, it was easier to modify my bi-fold ramp.
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The easy thing to do would be to put some fold out/down extensions on your ramp. The cart will drive over the ramp if the end is extended 5 to 6 inches above the ground. You could use angle iron that would catch on a stop you bolt onto each side of the ramp. This way you could use them when needed. I may not be describing this right but surely someone will know what I am talking about and maybe post a photo.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #9
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't know how tall your tow vehicle is but if nose of the trailer is higher than the back of the trailer get a drop hitch to lower the trailer tongue which might give you the angle you need to load up.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
tey1967
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by whit71 View Post
I don't know how tall your tow vehicle is but if nose of the trailer is higher than the back of the trailer get a drop hitch to lower the trailer tongue which might give you the angle you need to load up.
I wonder the same. I can crest a pretty big slope with my stock cart without bottoming out.
tey1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car