lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
Whatnext
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent Steeleng Flip-Flop Seat Install (RESOLVED)

Anybody install this rear seat on a Precedent. The "Steeleng" is different than most rear seats in that it retains the rear roof supports and sweater basket. That was what sold me on it. Unfortunately, the instructions are so faded I can't make out the pictures. The only way to contact the vendor is through eBay and that will take a while.

Specifically, I need to know how the main brackets mount under the basket retainer and in which holes. I used the first large hole under the basket retainer and the second large hole under the rear basket hole. That leaves the small slotted hole sticking out over the bag well. When I put the seat assembly on the uprights and attempted to bolt the rear of it to the main brackets, it seemed like the seat was positioned too far back and wouldn't reach the main bracket holes. If I push the seat forward, it appears too low and as if the metal frame will rest on the rear corners of the body. That seems like it will damage the body over time?

Last edited by Whatnext; 10-29-2013 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Resolved
Whatnext is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Precedent Steeleng Flip-Flop Seat Install ???

Old 10-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Whatnext
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

CTD, thanks but that's a different seat and totally different method of installation.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

the slotted whole should be the exposed hole coming out from under the basket towers.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
Whatnext
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks dmi, that's how I had it but things weren't lining up. I had to bend the lower brackets up so everything lined up.

The vendor quickly responded to my message and emailed me color instructions. I don't know why they weren't on their web site? A couple minor issues with this seat (exposed sharp edge and short hardware) but overall looks to be a decent product.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have done a bunch of there seats and seems the hardware is the weak point. The seats are decent though.
Glad you got it worked out.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 PM   #7
bjax5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnext View Post
Thanks dmi, that's how I had it but things weren't lining up. I had to bend the lower brackets up so everything lined up.

The vendor quickly responded to my message and emailed me color instructions. I don't know why they weren't on their web site? A couple minor issues with this seat (exposed sharp edge and short hardware) but overall looks to be a decent product.
Running into the same problem, you got any pictures?
bjax5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #8
catlettcustomcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Steeleng Flip-Flop Seat Install (RESOLVED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnext View Post
Anybody install this rear seat on a Precedent. The "Steeleng" is different than most rear seats in that it retains the rear roof supports and sweater basket. That was what sold me on it. Unfortunately, the instructions are so faded I can't make out the pictures. The only way to contact the vendor is through eBay and that will take a while.

Specifically, I need to know how the main brackets mount under the basket retainer and in which holes. I used the first large hole under the basket retainer and the second large hole under the rear basket hole. That leaves the small slotted hole sticking out over the bag well. When I put the seat assembly on the uprights and attempted to bolt the rear of it to the main brackets, it seemed like the seat was positioned too far back and wouldn't reach the main bracket holes. If I push the seat forward, it appears too low and as if the metal frame will rest on the rear corners of the body. That seems like it will damage the body over time?
Im a steeleng dealer what do you need?
catlettcustomcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #9
rib33024

Whatnext .steeleng golf carts is a sponsor here at BGW

https://www.steelenggolfcart.com/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car