lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
crryallcrwler
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Fe 350 turbo

Anyone done a turbo on an fe350 eBay has them for fairly cheap wondering the results if anyone has done this ?
crryallcrwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
tpg
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fe 350 turbo

Do you have a link?
tpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
crryallcrwler
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm unable to pull it up but there just small engine turbos for atvs on eBay just not sure how my rod and motor parts will hold up with it
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #4
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If the usual tuning ethos holds true you are going to have to reduce the compression on your engine before the turbo will will run reliably and efficiently. Turbo"Lag" might be an issue as the turbo takes time to spool up. A new manifold will be required as will your choice of "Suck through or Blow through" systems. Seems like a hell of a lot of work and trial and error to me when decent, reliable big block options are available but hey, It's your dime and your engine to lose at the end of the day. Good luck.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
the_journalist
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My experience with tiny turbos on single cylinder engines is limited to ATVs, but generally it's considered a lot more trouble and expense than it is worth. Usually unreliable too.
the_journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Turbo systems have to be designed properly for the particular engine and application to work well. I would stay away from it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Nothing ventured nothing gained. The carburetor tuning is going to be that hard part. I found a small engine fuel injection system but it is 500 bucks. It is a pretty cool system though. You would be into it for 1k assuming your engine didn't need any work. But you would have one of the few turbo carts out there. It just depends if you like a challenge.

As far as the just throw a bog block in it. That would be fine if they made a CW big block or if Club Car had made forward and reverse the same ratio. I wouldn't want to have to run the big block at 5k to get the same speed and the stocker got at 4k even though I would get there a hell of a lot faster.

It would also be cooler to have a turbo cart.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:34 AM   #8
crryallcrwler
Gone Wild
Club Car

From what I understand its not a big deal to run I'm reverse and considering I do a lot of off road crawling it might be badass having a lower gear ratio top speed isn't my issue just mid range
Old 09-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Then you might be just fine going with a clone. They make a bushing to run your stock clutch on them so they are about as easy to drop in as you can get except for an FE400. I use mine around my land and need to at least keep my top speed. I have a different tansaxle than all the golf carts do so they don't make high speed gears for them but I do have a differential lock unlike everyone else. I guess I could just get taller tires but I just don't like the idea of possibly loosing the low end power in reverse because I am geared super high. I will figure something out.

You got to admit a turbo buggy would be cool though.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car