lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #1
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO Workhorse / CBR 600 F2

New to the forum and I appreciate all the help I have been able to find on here. This is my first build and at times I feel like I'm getting over my head, but I always seem to find an answer after a little digging.

I will try to throw in some pictures tomorrow of where I'm at, but I have both the bike and cart chopped up and in boxes. Axles, hubs, and bearings are ordered from BMIKarts.com and should be in on Friday.
EZHOcbr600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse / CBR 600 F2

For those of you who don't have a cart and are planning to due a swap, there are free golf carts out there if you look and have a lot of patience. I posted ads on craigslist looking for free cart that was being used as lawn furniture and got several replies. They weren't the best of the best, but I got one for free and i planned on chopping it anyways so i didn't see the sense in getting an expensive one or a particularly nice one for my first build.

Here are a few pics of what I started with though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 067.jpg (200.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 066.jpg (207.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Photo 1&2: Chopped everything out to start fabbin in the motor mounts
Photo 3&4: My brother started putting the mounts on the front for the A arms
Photo 5: The cbr 600, found some problems with it this afternoon like a busted cover over the clutch but ill start sorting that out tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 063.jpg (139.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 064.jpg (311.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 068.jpg (169.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 069.jpg (157.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 070.jpg (224.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
GreyGoose
Not Yet Wild

Looks like fun. I will be watching this build the F2 600 was a great bike I had a F3 my favorite bike to date tons of power.
GreyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yesterday I was able to weld together the rear swing arm assembly.
Photo 1: bracket for the bearing kit
Photo 2: another angle of the bracket and bearing kit
Photo 3: Rear swing arm assembly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (117.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 024.jpg (102.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (171.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Today i put on the rear swing arm, I still need the shocks but I plan on fabbing those in once I find the right shocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (218.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 028.jpg (322.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (349.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 030.jpg (419.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had a little bit of extra time this afternoon so i came up with an idea for the brakes. I took the master cylinder for the rear brakes off the bike and mounted it to the inside rail. I cut off the foot pedal and connected it to the original golf cart brake assembly and cable and it works like a boss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 031.jpg (211.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (273.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 033.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Like the project and the progress, but I am a little concerned with the swing arm mount. I don't know if I would trust that set up to a cut and welded leaf spring. My suggestion would be to take 2 separate down tube straight from the spring mount down to your axle mount and use a cross bar to connect the two. on the end of the tubing at the spring mount end I would install a pair of hiem joints and bolt those in to the mount like the springs were.it will be stronger and safer than the leaf spring. if the budget is tight you can swap the hiem joints for some tubing pieces that have the same I.D. as the spring bushings and you can weld that to the end of the tubes, insert the bushings from the springs and then bolt in.

Just a thought.

good luck to you on the build!

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #9
EZHOcbr600
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

More pictures to come tomorrow, my brother finally finished welding the A arms together and got the geometry figured out to give us a foot of travel for our approximately 18" lift
Old 03-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #10
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I'm glad your working on brakes. I'm REALLY concerned about how you mounted and the design of the swing arm. The CBR600 has plenty of power, your axle diameter is what looks like 1 inch, the spacing of your bearings is good but you will need more bearing support beside your sprocket and disc when you mount them or you can scratch that axle because it will bend even if it's 4130 chromoly. I'm not trying to bust your build just trying to point out what you will need to do, I can give advice because I've built this before. You have welded your mild steel swing arm to high carbon steel, this will break sooner or later depending on when the stress gets to be too much. If you want my input I will gladly help, if you don't I'll have a moderator remove my post.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr 600, ezgo gas, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps