lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Fell on nose

Test driving my 02 CC again today. Reman. IQ. Was checking GPS speeds getting 17.9 on slight down grade. Was going in a flat area at about 15.8 when all of a sudden it felt like the brakes came on it fell on its nose so to speak and it started beeping. I came to a stop and started out again and all is fine. Is something starting to go I need to look into?

Thanks CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fell on nose

. . . wow . . . surely something is not right . . . no idea from me though . . . wait for ScottyB or Tahoe . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Speed sensor maybe??? Someone with a lot more knowledge than me will chime in soon..
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVetSgtAdkins View Post
Speed sensor maybe??? Someone with a lot more knowledge than me will chime in soon..
. . . bad speed sensor will cause slow down, but not a stoppage . . . bad speed sensor will cause cart into a "safe" mode of about 8mph . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let me clarify. I brought the cart to a stop. It didn't come to stop on its own. It startled me when it started beeping and slowing down real quick. So I just naturally hit the brakes and the beeping stopped so I took off again. Just got this cart 2 days ago and am in a learning curve on IQ carts.

CartTrader
Old 01-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Sounds like a Solenoid dropout to me. IQ cars are hard to work on unless you've got the scanner because there's so many different things that can cause the same symptom. Speed sensors are typical problems and can cause the car to go into limp mode but that's not what is happening here. Something is causing the solenoid to drop out. No doubt about that. When the controller detects a solenoid dropout it slows the cart to a crawl. If the speed sensor wasn't working it wouldn't be able to monitor it's own speed and bring itself to a crawl. The beep beep beep you are hearing is an indication that the speed sensor works perfectly. Anybody with an IQ car can mimic this scenario by getting it up to speed, slamming on brakes and locking the tires down until the solenoid drops out, then releasing the brake while the car is still rolling. It's going to do the same thing your car is doing. It'll beep and slow itself. You may have a bad solenoid. You'll need to monitor the voltage to the two small posts on the solenoid. Attach a multimeter to them. You should see full battery voltage when solenoid is closed. When car drops out, look and see if this voltage is falling off or staying strong. If it's staying strong, replace the solenoid. If it's dropping to zero you've got another problem. The controller is telling the solenoid to open. Now, with that being said it opens up a whole realm of possibilities as to what the issue is. If you've got an intermittent internal microswitch in your mcor it'll cause it. Also, on some but not all early IQ models such as this, there needs to be a diode in the wire harness behind the Tow/Run switch. This can't be seen without destroying the wire harness. However, there is an IQ Dropout harness available that will correct this problem. It just snaps into the existing deutsch connectors behind the tow/run switch. This is cheap insurance and I recommend it on all 2002-2003 DS IQ cars. 102355201 is the part number for the harness. If you're going to buy and sell IQ cars, please do yourself a favor and buy an IQDM scanner. It'll turn the most complicated Club Car you've ever seen into the easiest thing you've ever worked on.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks David. Went out and bought the solenoid dropout harness. Haven`t had a chance to install it yet. Went to SEVERAL Dealers/repairshops before I found one. Most not even knowing what I was talking about and even after giving them the part# they couldn't find it in their books. I did a test drive yesterday and it did the exact same thing in the exact same spot on the road. Weird. Will install and see what happens.

CartTrader
Old 01-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
Thanks David. Went out and bought the solenoid dropout harness. Haven`t had a chance to install it yet. Went to SEVERAL Dealers/repairshops before I found one. Most not even knowing what I was talking about and even after giving them the part# they couldn't find it in their books. I did a test drive yesterday and it did the exact same thing in the exact same spot on the road. Weird. Will install and see what happens.

CartTrader
Not surprised. Some dealers shouldn't be dealers!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just an update..installed the dropout harness. So far so good. No more stopping, slowing and going beep beep!! ....I did notice the last time it did it, I just let off the pedal and pressed again and it stopped beeping and took off again.

CartTrader
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car