lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

Default Honda 24hp carb and linkage controls

Can anyone take a pic or explain where these springs go and what does this gov. rod do for me if I even need it. New cart and I hate going over what people have screwed up. Also does anyone know the best website to buy stuff for these motors or carts? Will a stock throttle cable work or do I have to purchase another?

I dont know where this small spring goes. I know it doesnt go where its at in the pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0086.jpg (499.2 KB, 0 views)
consalvo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Honda 24hp carb and linkage controls

The small spring looks like a return spring . It should work like that.
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/big-b...s-manuals.html
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by consalvo21 View Post
Can anyone take a pic or explain where these springs go and what does this gov. rod do for me if I even need it. New cart and I hate going over what people have screwed up. Also does anyone know the best website to buy stuff for these motors or carts? Will a stock throttle cable work or do I have to purchase another?

I dont know where this small spring goes. I know it doesnt go where its at in the pic...

Looks Correct. Some engines have the rear spring some do not.

The large (front) spring needs to be replaced as at least 1 coil is stretched in the photo.

Does it rev up and down at idle?

The Throttle cable can be attached at the top of the moveable piece on the right that the large spring is attached to.

The "rod" attached at the bottom appears to be part of a previous throttle system, just remove it.

The governor is attached to the other end of the spring.

You should also loosen the throttle stop a bit. someone has it cranked down.
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

I just pulled of the small spring. The small spring was holding the throttle wide open and completely bypassed the throttle linkage. So I pulled it off and only have the governor spring on there. Someone said I needed this spring to hold the carb open a hair for initial startup and idle, is this true? If it is then I need to install that little bar because I think that that would hold the throttle from fully opening when everything is at rest. Moving that rod would allow me to adjust how much the carb is opening. Also when ever I push on the throttle then everything will move together allowing the carb to fully open. Does this make sense. Sitting at work so can't put this theory to test yet.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
fstg21
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The throttle on a Honda is always wide open at rest.

The governor pulls it down to idle.

That way if the engine bogs, the governor pulls it back up to idle.

Put the spring back.

I learned long ago not to over think things designed by someone smarter than me.

Have you run the engine and driven the cart?
fstg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

No $h!t. I never knew that. This is why I don't like buying things I wasn't able to research. Ok will put the spring back on. I drove the cart around right when I got it but the original owner said that it had a bad coil. So I parked it and ripped the carb apart because the gas was horrific. cleaned the jets and put back together. Will mess with it tonight and put the spring back on and see how it runs. still need to order the coil or at least test them and also will do a compression check. I know when it was running it did not like to start without choke and as soon as I came to a stop the motor died. So that's where I am at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is the second cart I have owned and man what a pain in the rear these little motor can be.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

My Honda NEVER starts without the choke. I think all GX Hondas are like that.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine only starts without the choke when it's completely warmed up.
rvkersh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #10
consalvo21
Not Yet Wild

So I installed the spring and started the cart. I had to keep given it gas in order to keep in running. Once I stopped it would run for a second and die. While it was running though if I held the gas a little bit, the idle would go up and down. I put it in gear and started to drive off and the cart just barely moved. It would idle up and down and barely move along.... I went about two acres and drove right back. So where am I going to start?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!