lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Cushman help

Hey all, another new guy here. I picked up 2 cushman industrial carts model 898370 D 36V and a 1993 club car from a fellow. The club car just needed batteries and rear wheel/tires. The cushmans are a little more troublesome. Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for this model cushman? I would also like a repair manual. Can anyone recommend a place to get this info from? I have tried the people at cushman and the local dealer in Michigan but no one can find the manual or anything. All I have gotten from the cushman people is it is a GT-1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
nick
poorol'nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Cushman help

Nick, try Vintage Golf Cart website or look at stickies on home page here.
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:44 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum poorol'nick...............

For Cushman, you might try:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/cushman4wheels/
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Thanks for the info, I will post a pic when I get home maybe someone can help identify this cart.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

I have 2 cushman "flat bed" carts with batteries under rear deck. Got to looking at them and was wondering what kind of speed control you have on them. Mine are heavy copper contacts shorting out speed resistors and are fairly straight forward. Shoot a pic and I may be able to help trouble shoot them. Randy
Old 08-22-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Here are some pictures of my cart and the wiring. I got a wiring diagram from the people at Cushman finally but you can hardly read it because of the quality of the fax they sent. I got the cart to run in reverse only but not forward.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

I've found the F/R contacts can wear funny and not get full contact. Look at the switch while putting it in reverse to see if there is any sparking. Should be some momentary arc and the cart should bump in that direction, if not, mark all the F/R wires disconnect the batt and clean/adjust the sweep arm on the switch. I rebuilt mine for about $40.00 with parts I got at vintagegolfcarts.com. Make sure you take a lot of pictures before dismantling the switch and take notes. I let my ego get ahead of myself and wound up popping a battery terminal ( sigh). Try to repost the pics. Randy
Old 08-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Hopefully these pictures will post, I guess they are in my album also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1868.jpg (88.3 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1870.jpg (86.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

OK, newer than mine but I am going to assume that in pic 1 the two relays are fwd and rev so make sure they are working. What I do see is lots of rusty connections. The oxidation can get between the conductors and the component connections and act like a resistor, meaning current will not flow easily through that point. Grab a Starbucks ( or equivalent) a small wire brush, discoonect the batteries and begin cleaning. Take the connections apart ONE AT A TIME clean surfaces that connect with each other and recoonect. I say one at a time because it is extremely easy to get confused. Once everything is cleaned you want to check all relays to make sure they function. Do you know how to use a VoltOhmM (VOM) meter? If not don't worry, it really is easy to learn. Post some pic of the body and flat bed. I'll try to learn to use my new-fangled-digitally-enhanced-to-confuse-me camera. Randy
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM   #10
poorol'nick
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

I'll start by cleaning. I have a DVOM and a power probe. I checked all the wiring and have no broken wires and the solenoids all have continuity. I just am not sure about the black box I am assuming that is a transformer of some sort. My throttle cable is broken and one of the three studs on the spot where the throttle cable connects is broken. I used a jumper wire there to test the system. Like I said before I got the thing to run in reverse but I am not sure about forward. Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts