lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Muffler Question - Club Car Lift

Anyone here lifted an '84-'91 gas Club Car? This would be the cart with the KF82 flathead motor.

I saw a lifted cart out at our local campground the other day and it looked like the muffler was still at stock height (?) even though the cart was lifted (at least 4"). Looked odd. I don't know what kind of lift they used, but I would prefer my muffler to also be raised up when the cart is lifted. That was the only lifted KF82 cart I saw out there so I have no basis for comparison.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Muffler Question - Club Car Lift

Nobody knows?

Here are some pics of the cart that I was talking about. Someone please tell me that this isn't what a lift for the '83-'91 Club Car looks like...

This cart is a 1990 but it has a newer front cowl and steering wheel.

At first glance the cart looks pretty stout. This is what I want my cart to basically look like.

Until you go around back and the muffler is still at stock height. Look at those shackles! Please tell me this is someone's homemade lift.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

WOW

I can't really help since I don't have a CC but looking at that I would have to ask if it was even worth lifting to leave the muffler that low. I would certainly thing you could do something different.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm just hoping that this isn't a Jake's kit since that's what I'm looking to get.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most people swap the springs to over the axle and you don't have those massive 10 mile long shackles like that lol. But the muffler iirc is mounted on the cradle, it moves with the engine (& solid piped to it). You would have to change/mod the pipe and make higher mounts for the muffler. Another option is to lower the front bumper thingy they have, 'snubber' is it? Then the rear would not be so low because the cradle is tilted so far.

I had the same issue with my clone install, so I put a coupler on the engine allowing the pipe to rotate. Then I mounted the muffler under there on the frame on rubber hangars tighter to the bumper. As the engine moves on the cradle with the suspension the pipe rotates and the muffler swings forward/back. The muffler only moves around 1/2-3/4" forward/back (by eye) when I jump on the bumper and compress it quite a bit.

A stock G9 muffler for example is way up by the engine so you never have to mess with it when you lift them. I would guess there are posts on this issue with CC. I have run one of those flat heads and they did have good midrange power so might not be bad with a lift. They don't wind up that high for speed is all. I put HS gears in a stock one it ran great did 28gps before it hit the limiter in the ignition.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Yeah I think you're right. I talked to Glen over at Jake's Lift Kits and he sent me a PDF of the 6" spindle kit and it doesn't look like it does anything for the muffler since the engine cradle isn't lifted any higher than the axle. Looks like I'll be doing some creative exhaust work here eventually. Oh well.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

its do-able and not very hard either. the lift comes with new shock mounts/studs that mount above the springs. mount the muffler on those how it is stock. basically moving the shocks and muffler up at the same time. motor stay in same spot, mufler moves up the same height as the lift to keep it tucked up under there. like others said when you lift it it almost seems like youre lowering the muffler because its tilting the rearend so much more farther down. i was worried about ground clearanace first and formost then the way it looked drove me nuts also. the only thing i did was rework the mid pipe from the motor to the muffler and then cut the 2 stock shock studs off the engine crade so they didnt hang up on anything in the trails.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

those long *** shackles are not how most the lift kits are.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

ill post pictures of ine this week however it may throw you off some since i flipped the muffler 180 degrees to use with my clone since the exhaust port on the head is on the right side of the cart.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Thanks Matt, appreciate your info. Now that you laid out what you did, I have a pretty good idea of what to do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts