lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default my daughters first hunting season

I just wanted to share just how excited i am that this hunting season will be my daughters first season of hunting with a gun. I took her yesterday to bass pro and got her some nice hunting clothes and snake boots. In two weeks she will be taking her hunters safety course. She is very excited and so am i. Next weekend my brother and i will be teaching her to use a climber and how to properly take down a deer. She has shooting experience so we only have to teach her when and where.

I feel so privileged to be able to pass on what was once passed to me. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful season
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
labatt50
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: my daughters first hunting season

That's awsome. Good luck:)

My wife hunts, so glad her dad took her out when she was young. It's a great part of our relationship.

Best of luck in the season
labatt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake80 View Post
I just wanted to share just how excited i am that this hunting season will be my daughters first season of hunting with a gun. I took her yesterday to bass pro and got her some nice hunting clothes and snake boots. In two weeks she will be taking her hunters safety course. She is very excited and so am i. Next weekend my brother and i will be teaching her to use a climber and how to properly take down a deer. She has shooting experience so we only have to teach her when and where.

I feel so privileged to be able to pass on what was once passed to me. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful season
Introducing my kids to deer hunting was a great experience also. Enjoy and good hunting.
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

First lesson in climbing a tree. She did pretty good. Just got to get her better with the safety harness and foot platform
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-24_20-05-58_32.jpg (118.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin

Yamaha

I taught both of my daughters to hunt and there is no bigger thrill than their first deer. Both of my girls hunt with bow and rifle.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's awesome!!! Glad you can share it with your kids.

No kids on my end, but the girlfriend will be going hunting with me in 2 weeks!
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #7
li'l tugger
Not Yet Wild

Just bought my 3yr old daughter her first bow. She cant wait til she can hunt with daddy! Such a thrill to watch her shoot and know she will have the skills needed when the time comes. Congrats to you buddy
li'l tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #8
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

its an amazing feeling to teach a child what was once taught to me . never thought that i would be doing this, but im having fun just teaching it. i put several guns in her hands last night to see which she felt most comfortable with. she tried out a 30-30, 270, and 30-06 (i dont think im going to let her use that one for a few years). i think she was more comfortable holding the 30-30 due to its size but im going to see if i can find something in a youth model since her arms are short, she was having some trouble with the 270 and 30-06.

last night was fun teaching her to climb, we got started just before sunset and by the time she came down it was dark. what was interesting was that i had her climb down and pack up the stand in the dark with no flash lights. i want her to have a good feel for what to do in the case of no light.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

My 16 year old daughter shoots a Rem. M700 in 100gr .243. When she was younger and started shooting, I was able to locate a youth synthetic replacement stock and it made all the difference in the world. I know that sounds like a light load and after having to look for a few shot deer, she found that the a little high (not much) square in the front shoulder shot drops them where they stand.
Ain't nothing better man than letting your daughter shoot the deer for you. Blake, Ya'll enjoy and I hope your daughter kills a bunch of nice ones.

8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
My 16 year old daughter shoots a Rem. M700 in 100gr .243. When she was younger and started shooting, I was able to locate a youth synthetic replacement stock and it made all the difference in the world. I know that sounds like a light load and after having to look for a few shot deer, she found that the a little high (not much) square in the front shoulder shot drops them where they stand.
Ain't nothing better man than letting your daughter shoot the deer for you. Blake, Ya'll enjoy and I hope your daughter kills a bunch of nice ones.

thanks bud, im going to try and find something in a youth model since i dont really have anything to change stocks on (or really want to anyway). she was most comfortable with my 30-30, but we are going to the gun range this weekend and get her some trigger time.
opening weekend im taking her to a honey hole where there is a 90% chance of seeing something. i dont normally hunt those type of areas expect during rut, but i want her to see something so she doesnt loose interest.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing