lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
dch7734
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question No click, click, when I hook up my charger?

Club car 2003, I’m having a problem with my battery charger (shaking hands) with my cart there’s is no click click when I hook up the charger and I can now drive off with the charge hooked up what has gone wrong? I put in all new batteries. I tried the re-setting of the on board computer, fallowed the steps exactly waited 30 second for the reverse buzzer go off it never did. I not sure how it could with the – battery terminal disconnected.
What can I try now?
dch7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No click, click, when I hook up my charger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dch7734 View Post
Club car 2003, I’m having a problem with my battery charger (shaking hands) with my cart there’s is no click click when I hook up the charger and I can now drive off with the charge hooked up what has gone wrong? I put in all new batteries. I tried the re-setting of the on board computer, fallowed the steps exactly waited 30 second for the reverse buzzer go off it never did. I not sure how it could with the – battery terminal disconnected.What can I try now?
The purpose of that is to discharge any power that is stored in the system. So even with the battery cable disconnected there still can be some energy stored and having the reverse buzzer sound releases it. Some times it makes the sound and some times it doesn't which means there was no stored energy.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the cart worked before you put in the new batteries you might have a wire hanging some place you forgot to reconnect? Look under the cart... and welcome to BGW.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Check your wires from the back of the charge receptacle to your OBC . . the "third" wire is the "communications" wire to the OBC . . this wire not only allows OBC to regulate the charge cycle, but also provides the interlock that prevents the cart from being able to be driven with charger connected . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
dch7734
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I Checked all the wire and the in line fuse, took the charging receptacle apart checked the connection inside all looks good, took the back access cover off and checked the connection there also all looks good. I did replace the connector from charging receptacles to the battery the red wire, still no good. Can the cart operate with a bad computer? Everything else works fine; I don’t what to wreck the new batteries charging them one at a time with my 12 charger.
dch7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes cart can run with bad OBC and if your plugging charger in and you can drive cart its in your OBC..............................................8 )
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car