lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default activate the controller (stupid question)

I want to program my alltrax 500 controller while still in the cart. It says I need to activate the controller. How do I do this without having to jack up the back end, as the light only comes on when i turn on the cart, and depress the petal.
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #2
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: activate the controller (stupid question)

I did mine by just locking the parking brake and pushing the throttle just enough for the solenoid to click but the cart not to move.

EDIT:

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
I did mine by just locking the parking brake and pushing the throttle just enough for the solenoid to click but the cart not to move.
The correct way to do this is to use a jumper wire from the battery pack main + to the controller pin #1. Simply remove the wire that is plugged into the #1 pin and connect the jumper, the green light should blink a code indicating the throttle input setting and turn solid green indicating you are ready to open the controller program software and proceed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The correct way to do this is to use a jumper wire from the battery pack main + to the controller pin #1. Simply remove the wire that is plugged into the #1 pin and connect the jumper, the green light should blink a code indicating the throttle input setting and turn solid green indicating you are ready to open the controller program software.
I never said I did it the correct way.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowslayer View Post
I never said I did it the correct way.
I just didn't want to hear about anybody having an runaway cart accident trying to program a controller
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's what I needed to know
Thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 05:39 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The way I do it is unsafe, but with my controller mounted over the motor, it's just easier. The parking brake can't be engaged if you have it and the throttle micro correctly adjusted. I press my throttle until the solenoid just clicks with one hand. I navigate the computer with my other hand. You should also be able to do this seated in your cart and using your foot on the pedal, which will allow you to hit the brake if necessary, but I trust my hand more than my foot, to hold the pedal in place.

This assumes your ITS or pot box and micro are adjusted correctly. It also assumes a "stock" throttle curve, which means 0% when the throttle micro first engages.

I do this in my garage in forward, so even if it were to lurch, it would hit my work bench, and not go flying into something else.

EDIT:

BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

****, I had my lawyer standing by !!! Then you had to add that disclaimer.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
The way I do it is unsafe, but with my controller mounted over the motor, it's just easier. The parking brake can't be engaged if you have it and the throttle micro correctly adjusted. I press my throttle until the solenoid just clicks with one hand. I navigate the computer with my other hand. You should also be able to do this seated in your cart and using your foot on the pedal, which will allow you to hit the brake if necessary, but I trust my hand more than my foot, to hold the pedal in place.

This assumes your ITS or pot box and micro are adjusted correctly. It also assumes a "stock" throttle curve, which means 0% when the throttle micro first engages.

I do this in my garage in forward, so even if it were to lurch, it would hit my work bench, and not go flying into something else.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it I didn't have my parking brake locked either
Old 05-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have no problem with disclaimers and/or with outright deletions, when it comes to safety. I started my post with my own disclaimer, and I only do this if I wanna change a single setting, then immediately jump in and drive. Most of my initial setup was done with jack-stands. The OP CLEARLY stated he wanted to do this w/o jack-stands.

Besides, doesn't Larry routinely hit Curley in the head with a hammer?

Different era!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO