lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
fonz3482
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I need help!! Will this motor work???

Hello everyone,
I recently posted a thread and had no response about swapping a snowmobile motor into my 1990 ezgo. Well I found a complete motor and I need some ADVICE asap!!! Its a good running Kawasaki air cooled with cdi ignition, single carb, electric start, and the clutch. The guy wants $250 for everything. My concerns are fitment, having reverse, and will the motor burn up from running in warm weather rather than cold??? I dont want to make a bad choice, and I really can't afford to make a poor choice because my wife will kill me if I waste that kind of money!!! So please, anyone with some input please repond!!! Thanks!
fonz3482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
panelbeatr
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What is wrong with your motor?
Unless you have a welder, machine shop access, and LOTS of time to burn I would keep it simple.... Get a manual and ask the nice people here for help. I'm in the middle of a 89 Ezgo rebuild - see my other posts.
panelbeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
fonz3482
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need help!! Will this motor work???

my motors used up, been rebuilt numerous times, and needs a major overhaul. Im also looking for alittle more power and speed. I have hilly land to ride on and the cart has a hard time hauling my rump up the hill(I weigh 220lbs). As far as speed goes I wouldn't mind @ 30 to 40 mph. I know its easiest to just rebuild whats in there, but I will spend more rebuilding the stock motor than buying this sled engine. I do have fabricating skills, and my brother inlaw, and best friend are fabricators/welders by trade. I've read a few threads where people have done this swap, and they say its not to hard, but Its also not the motor Im looking at. Just wondering if anyone knows or has experience with this type of sled engine and if its a good canidate for my cart.
fonz3482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #4
vzdude
Gone Wild

Anything will work, and alomst nothing bolts right up! Have plenty of time and patience on your hands if you are gonna start a project like this! Snowmobile engines are loud. Keep that in mind depending on where you plan to ride your cart and what you plan to do with it........
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You also have to keep the pipe on it in same length/diameter relation to keep all the power the sled engine makes. You can cut and weld bends into it, but you can't change its shape/length. If you don't you will get less power out of it.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!