lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 Precedent Suddenly quit working

hi all

I have a 2005 CC Precedent that I have had for about a year. I recently put new batteries in the cart and the cart ran fine for about a week (although I did forget to put the run/tow switch in tow when reconnecting the cables, the cart ran for a week) My wife backed the cart out of the campsite the other day, flipped the fwd/rev switch to fwd and nothing. The cart is dead. I did some troubleshooting, have 53 volts across the pack (not under load). I thought I may have fried the controller and some of the CC troubleshooting pointed to that so I replaced it with no luck. The cart is still dead. The solenoid does not click when the pedal is pressed. I tried jumping the two large terminals of the solenoid with no luck. (There is pack voltage at the 2 large solenoid terminals) I read through the coil per the CC manual for 180-200 ohms and had 190. One thing I did notice is the reverse buzzer doesn't seem to work unless I plug the charger in for a few minutes. Then the buzzer works until the battery is disconnected again for more troubleshooting. The amp meter on the charger goes to below 5 amps in just a couple of minutes so I am sure the batteries are charged. I am at a loss, any ideas?

Thanks!
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Precedent Suddenly quit working

have you checked micro switches for F&R how about the fuse on charge receptical, all cables good and tight? cables to motor how about the batteries under load? just one will stop the cart....how old are they the batteries.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

The batteries are brand new. I've checked all cables for security. I checked the forward/reverse switch (there are no other switches that I am aware of). I did check the fuse, it is also good.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

have you done any test on controller? do you have a service manual?.....................
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

I do have the service manual, that is what I've been using to troubleshoot with. I replaced the controller with no joy. I am going to wring the wiring tonight and see if I can find anything.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

start with the keyswitch i have seen a few go bad its odd how yours just quit.............look for crodded connections on it and if not than test it.....................one thing i have to add don,t put all your faith in the volt meter have seen many times where accroding to it part should be good but wasn,t.............have you tried the charger since it broke down? if not try it and post if it works or not...........................
Old 05-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

I got it figured out, thanks for the help. It was the high pedal switch in the MCOR. When i jumper the connector, the cart runs fine. The switch is open when the pedal is up (as it should be) but stays open when the pedal is depressed. New MCOR on order!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

check out the new post by plumquick might have what you need a bit cheaper.....................................
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

are those units not serviceable?
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
DaveS
Not Yet Wild

Just a follow a follow up...I replaced the MCOR and the cart now works as advertised. The high pedal switch is bad. I haven't had a chance to look too far into the old MCOR but it seems the housing is sealed and it will be difficult or impossible to get in to replace the switch.

Tags
precedent dead
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car