lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

Default Old G1 blowing fuse...

I've got a 15amp fuse that keeps blowing on me.. it is hooked to the solenoid and then the other side i believe goes to the frame. I have power coming back to the fuse holder from the solenoid and continuity to the neg side of battery on other side of the fuse.. im wondering if i could have a bad solenoid?? any one have any suggestions or a way to check the solenoid? all my lights are all unhooked from battery.. all i have is the positve and negitive hooked up on the battery.. maybe shorting in the solenoid?? i dont know my self and im starting to think i need to get a gas can and a match..LOL thanks!
rgcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Old G1 blowing fuse...

I'm not sure about the G1's, but I know the 4 strokes can't have anything grounded to the frame without blowing the main fuse. You definitely have a short somewhere.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
rgcars
Not Yet Wild

I have 12volts at all the terminals on the starter/gen thats not normal is it? the short has to be in a component... i've checked the whole wiring harness. any idea where i can get a wiring schmatic for 2stroke G1?
rgcars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

smallblock on here might have one.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
smallblock on here might have one.
PM sent.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
Ugot5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcars View Post
I have 12volts at all the terminals on the starter/gen thats not normal is it? the short has to be in a component... i've checked the whole wiring harness. any idea where i can get a wiring schmatic for 2stroke G1?
I have the same problem
Did you figure it out?
Ugot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
drolds
Not Yet Wild

I am having the same problem i found today if i unplug the black wire of the four going into the motor the fuse doesnt blow . It will crank but dont appear to be getting any spark [g1]
drolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey Spriddle I might be wrong but I think your right even about G1's, I am in the middle of attaching light and horns and sterio on my 82 G1 and let me tell you one touch of a ground wire to anything that is connected to the frame and there does that main fuse on the rear fender. Had a heck of a time the headlights are double wired so no problem, the fog lights are double wired again no problem, the 100 watt long distance driving lights are one wired and so was the horn I had to double wire them and run everything to the battery. Sterio soon as it would touch anything that was grounded there went the main fuse again so its hid inside a plastic box then hooked to the dash. What a mess.
calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g43.jpg (93.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg g44.jpg (89.3 KB, 7 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha