lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

Default ....maybe I should just sell instead of fixing

My next door neighbor gave me this Electric EZGo 2 days ago..no idea the year or model or how to figure that out....all I know is it looks brand new. She said she bought it new....and has only rode it once. For some reason now when you charge the cart, charger will say its charged and when you go to drive it...pedal all the way to the floor it starts going but very slow and a vibration feeling in the cart really noticable when holding the steering wheel, and within a minute or so it just stops. Water was low on the batteries when I got it so I added distilled water...cleaned all terminals on the batteries and its still doing the same thing..she showed me a receipt from 3 months ago where she had some controller changed out....wanna say it was $450-$500 bucks...so I'm guessing that is still go..I've read all the stickys and searched all the forums for common issues but I haven't had any luck...has anyone had this similar issue and if not any ideas where to look next....thanks
not-a-golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ....maybe I should just sell instead of fixing

First off Welcome to BGW

What kind of batteries are in it, look at the neg post of the battery there should be a letter followed by a number tell us what they are also look under the seat there could possibly be a white tag with a letter followed by four numbers get those as well.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Welcome to BGW!

There may be a metal plate in the passenger storage area. Give us all the numbers from the plate. Also, describe the Forward/Reverse control.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

Just went outside to get the key out of the cart and I noticed EZGo TXT close to the ignition....and then inside the cubby on the passenger side there is a number that reads.....J402.....hope this helps
Old 09-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

metal plate on driver diver side is scratched up so I can't make anything out.....metal plate on passenger side has J402 and the a long number that I'm guessing is the serial number.

As for the F/R is below the seat in the middle....that what you need...??
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
First off Welcome to BGW

What kind of batteries are in it, look at the neg post of the battery there should be a letter followed by a number tell us what they are also look under the seat there could possibly be a white tag with a letter followed by four numbers get those as well.
Thanks for the Welcome....T-105 is what I see on the batteries....I'm guessing T for Trojan
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You have an 02 Series TXT that probably needs batteries.... Go kiss your neighbor
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You have a 2002 ezgo, it is possible the batts have not been charged soo long they are bad.

Sorry ScottyB posted before I answered....
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #9
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You have an 02 Series TXT that probably needs batteries.... Go kiss your neighbor
Thanks for the reply

So I guess with what you said I apparently have a good one...??..if so could you explain why. I'm just new to the Gcart world and would like to know what I have and why its a good one I guess.....thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #10
not-a-golfer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
You have a 2002 ezgo, it is possible the batts have not been charged soo long they are bad.
That is what I was thinking....I just wanted to make sure I checked all that I could because I priced the batteries yesterday and WOW...not cheap....especially when your buying 6....but I'm sure that has been said a million times on this sit. I guess being that I got the cart for free I really can't complain to much
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO