lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help with Cart Id

Hello All I'm a newbie here and have just purchased a 93 Ez-Go gas cart ser#755545 mfg code G2793 i'm also curious to find out which engine I have I was told it is an 11hp but I'm still not sure what engine that is I'm also wanting to know what model it is. thanks guys, oh yea one more question I have a large delay between pressing the gas pedal and when the clutch finally engages with a definate clunk what do I need to adjust to get rid of this the clutch is supposed to be new.
mthrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Help with Cart Id

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthrall View Post
Hello All I'm a newbie here and have just purchased a 93 Ez-Go gas cart ser#755545 mfg code G2793 i'm also curious to find out which engine I have I was told it is an 11hp but I'm still not sure what engine that is I'm also wanting to know what model it is. thanks guys, oh yea one more question I have a large delay between pressing the gas pedal and when the clutch finally engages with a definate clunk what do I need to adjust to get rid of this the clutch is supposed to be new.
If you have the 11hp it will be marked on the casing, eh35, the 9hp has eh29 on it. 93 carts are Marathons. Not sure about the clutch and why its doing that it may need cleaned if its been sitting awhile. It could be your belt is going bad, If it measures under 1 1/8" wide It will need replaced. If theres a lag before the engines revs it could be caused by a loose throttle cable (they tend to stretch some) thats what it is most of the time. Theres a "how to" on cable adjustments in the sticky thread about maintenance at the top of the gas section. The engine needs to rev normal instead of going wide open if this is what it's doing. you'll also want to make sure there is oil in the rearend (how-to in the sticky also)
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #3
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I think it's a clutch issue i already adjusted the cables and tweaked the governer a little and the engine revs good. I can see that the clutch does not move until the rpms are about 1/3 of the way up. then it slides over and works properly. I will take it apart this weekend and clean it maybe it's just dirty.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bro - Taking them apart and cleaning will not fix years of wear and tear. Also, the 11hp engine was not available back in 1993 - the only way you can have it is if someone put the bigger motor in at a later date. Just look for the sticker on the engine like stated above. Are you sure that you have the correct belt on? The Marathon used a smaller belt over the later TXT models

Last edited by mikesmotortoys; 03-11-2008 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: typo
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll check it all out tonight, I bought this cart like it is with at least a 5" lift and 26" tires new paint, supposed new clutch, new tires and wheels and seats freshly recovered. it's pretty sweet but I just want to work out the bugs.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
mthrall
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

well the belt measures 41 inches so I'd say that's pretty close to 40.75 I guess I'll try a yamaha 39 and see how that works for me and by the way someone has swapped in a 11hp motor. The drive clutch is not sliding over imediatly when the engine starts revving it will only move with about 1/3 throttle, is this normal? Or is there a way to adjust the drive clutch?
Old 03-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

I'm not sure if you can adjust (slide) the engine back and forth, I know the engine is mounted on a plate unlike the newer models but don't remember if you could slide the engine forward any to simulate a shorter belt.
Don't know about the clutch, if its factory then there's not really any way to adjust it. a good aftermarket one could/may be adjustable. It depends on the model of the clutch as to whats its engagement point is.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #8
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Jon,

It isn't slotted underneath.

Use 27077-G02
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO