lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
tedandbarb6
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 XI 500 EZGO wiring

Buddy of mine picked up what looks to be a 1997 XI500 EZGO Electric cart. I say "looks" because the plate is pretty worn out and has been painted over a few times. I looked through the diagrams in the stickies and non of them seem to fit. This cart looks like someone has tried to re-wire it a few times and could not get it right. The diagram for the Non-DCS controller and solenoid look like what I need but as I said there has been a lot of re-wiring on this thing so I can not be sure. Not into golf carts, well I wasn't before this. Looking for some information and possible a schematic that could get me going.
Thanks
tedandbarb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
tedandbarb6
Not Yet Wild

Question Re: 1997 XI 500 EZGO wiring

Guess it looks like not many of you are familiar with this Cart, or perhaps I posted in the wrong spot. Any insight or info would be appreciated.
tedandbarb6@sbcglobal.net
Old 09-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 XI 500 EZGO wiring

Sorry no one replied. We don't see too many utility/industrial carts as most folks gravitate toward the standard golf cart. Some pics would help to identify your cart and electrical system. Assuming it is a Curtis controller, is the tag still on the controller? Model#? Output? Sounds like you may want to consider gutting the electrical system anyway. You can bench test the controller and pretty easily check the motor for function which are the two most expensive parts in the system.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
tedandbarb6
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1997 XI 500 EZGO wiring

Thanks, will get started on that. As far as I remember there were no plates or identifiers on the controller but will double check. Thanks for a starting point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO