lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

Default big block power, here i come!!!

i finally made the decision and ordered the 18 hp with the high rev kit,cam and 2 into one header!!! i cant wait to get home and see it sitting there in my garage waiting to go in the cart!!! i also ordered from them a 6 in a arm lift and a set of fender flares.. im hoping to clear 26in tires, we will see..
now the waiting begans, 4 months and counting down.....
johnusarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: big block power, here i come!!!

You made a good decision!! You will love the 18 v-twin, I know I do!!

The 4 month wait would make me crazy!!! Hang in there and thank you for your service.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

hey can anyone tell me what kind of top end speed i will get out of this thing with the cam and rev kit installed? wanna know if ill be able to out run a sportsman, haha
thanks
Old 03-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

My G9 with the rev kit (no cam yet) and 24" tires will run about 40 mph. In my opinion that's fast enough with stock brakes!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Mine does about the same... and you're right about the brakes. In the sand I can't go as fast because with the stock suspension it'll bounce me right out of the cart. I can wait for my A-arms and coil overs.

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

my next plan is to get a roll cage and some seat belts in there, my son is to young right now but when he is old enough im sure he will want tride all the time, if he is anything like me.. not sure my wife is going to be real happy with the delivery from ccp next week, haha..
Old 03-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #7
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Have fun fitting 26's with s 6" lift.. Even with cutting, there's only so much you can do... ...
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #8
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 CC View Post
Have fun fitting 26's with s 6" lift.. Even with cutting, there's only so much you can do... ...
actuallytom emailed me and said if i went to the 7 1/2 lift for a hundred bucks more they will clear fine, plus then i get the new leaf springs for the rear.. this lift is supposed to extend my wheelbase 3 in, that will help out i think alot!! and remember there is no limit to what can be done to a cart, i have a g2 with four link front and rear, riding high on 2003 yamaha sx viper coilovers, 26s and a honda atv engine, putting power to the ground thru a polaris snowmobile chaincase, a john deere pto shaft and a ezgo rear end.. its all in the patience u have to get it done!!! haha

Last edited by johnusarmy; 03-09-2008 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: add comment
Old 03-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Yea buddy, congrats on the Big Block. When you get that thing installed and take your first spin you have to have someone take a picture of the smile on your face. The 18 is more than enough power and I know you'll agree after the first spin around the block. Make sure that you post lots and lots of pictures of the install and everything else. Video would be great too.

Jimbo
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

u bet, i just have the long wait ahead of me now, haha.. im getting pretty ansy!! im more excited to see the look on my buddies face when i take a golf cart any place he takes his atv. these golf carts turn alot of heads andd i think they are going to become alot more popular as time goes by.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!