lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default Brake light switch

I bought universal type stop light switch from ebay,seems to work ok but for the life of me i cant figgure where to install switch on peddel.Switch is small square box type with plunger on it and directions just say drill and install switch to peddel.Guess what i,m askin is antbody got a pic or idea to make my wife proud of me?Thanks in advance
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Brake light switch

I've never installed one, maybe some of the other guys here. Seems like if it is a simple push type switch, you could install it on the body of the cart somewhere under the pedal so the pedal will just press it when pushed down. Just make sure it is wired so it is not active with the engine off.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My switch was installed on the brake pedal in a location where your foot pushes the plunger when you apply the brake.
duffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #4
cupcake
Not Yet Wild

Same prob here I have one of those switchs and it seem easy enough. Just drill and install in a place where your foot will push on it. Problem is, there is no place on the brake pedal that has enough room on the backside for the switch
cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #5
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

True enough,I see no place at all with that type of switch to install on brake pedal work let alone drill 9\16th hole in it,Yamaha must need different type of switch
Old 02-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #6
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Anyone?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Without seeing the switch in question, here is my view of the situation. The switch on my brake pedal projected less than 2 inches forward from the rear of the pedal. The clearance behind the pedal is at least 4 inches while standing on it. That should be enough clearance for the switch. I'm looking at yamaha 03's and 08's. Older carts could be less, but brake cable adjustments will bring the pedal up. I no longer have the cart with the switch in the pedal, but it worked great.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Duffer,Thanks for the reply ,my switch without havin it in front of me at this time is a 2"X1 1/2" box with 2 connectors on one end for wires,other end is a plunger button .The end with button is thredded ,directions say use 9/16 bit for instalation on pedal,has no mounting brackets at allonly other thing with kit is wiring harness and wire ties.We by the way are talking about a 2000 mod. G-16 .Thanks again for any additional info from anyone.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #9
Bulky
Gone Wild

Club Car

The ones I have seen for a car, could be mounted under the floor board. With your food off of the brake, the plunger would be all the way in and the lights are off, as you step on the pedal, it moves the pedal away from the plunger, the plunger comes out and the tail lights go on. Then you would let go of the pedal and it would depress the plunger again an the lights would go out.
Bulky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #10
duffer
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Rotten
The switch needs no mounting brackets. Just drill the 9/16 hole in the center upper portion of the brake pedal. Remove the jam nut from the plunger and stick the plunger thru the hole from front to rear. Install the jam nut and tighten. Run your wires from the electric source under the floor and up the brake pedal using zip ties. Attach wires to the 2 terminals. When your foot depresses the plunger, the switch completes the circuit and the brake lights come on. It doesn't look pretty but is functional!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha