lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default My new cart

This is my FIRST Elec EZ-GO. 36V. Got this with the lake house. Needs some work... Here are some pictures.

Here she is.. No idea what this is or if these huge tires are stock.. looks like its been lifted..

Something is wrong with the steering...ANY IDEAS ?

SUPPOSIDLY newer batteries.. have not done anythig with these yet..

The charger. I sthis a trickle charger ?

I have no use for this rack as I do not golf....

Looks like this cart never came with a windshield...

Very big tires...

I will post the serial numbers shortly. Maybe someone will know what I have here... Thanks,. Bill
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My new cart

It may be the angle of the picture but it looks as tho you have a lot of toe in on the front tires?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are model & serial numbers of my new cart:
1031163 62097
So, does someone know what I have here ? Thanks. The prior owner is n/a...

Charger is 36V Powerwise. Model 28115G04

Tires are 22x11x00x8

Last edited by Billfo; 07-27-2010 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: added tire information
Old 07-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thats a problem alright.. See pictures 2 & 3.. Something is missing/busted/or disconnected on the steering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post

It may be the angle of the picture but it looks as tho you have a lot of toe in on the front tires?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfo View Post
Here are model & serial numbers of my new cart:
1031163 62097
So, does someone know what I have here ? Thanks. The prior owner is n/a...

Charger is 36V Powerwise. Model 28115G04

Tires are 22x11x00x8
You have a 1997 Electric EZGO TXT. 36v. The tow-in does look a little off. The TXT is the most popular cart in America. And my favorite. You have 6v Trojan T-105 batteries.
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

That unused arm on the passenger side spindle is for the factory tow bar, it has a rod that drops in that hole to steer the cart when being towed.. If your cart still had the stock front axle, there would be a mounting bracket welded in the center for the tow bar to attach to.. The unused tab on the spindle isn't hurting anything nor will it affect the operation of the cart..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you for the information. Now I have something to build on.. Did it come stock with them tires ? 22" ? They look huge for a golfing golf cart ! again thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
You have a 1997 Electric EZGO TXT. 36v. The tow-in does look a little off. The TXT is the most popular cart in America. And my favorite. You have 6v Trojan T-105 batteries.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It was good news to finally see the cart. I will attempt to bring it back to life Thursday. So far Ive been able to get a LOUD constant BEEEEP noise when I shift fwd/rev lever.. I gotta read the online manual !

Well that is good news about the arm.. But see that flimsey looking "c" bracket behind the towing arm where the steering attaches? .. Looks like a bent piece of sheet metal. Not very strong.. Does NOT look oem. Maybe a cheap liftjob ?
I should be able to adjust the toe in... I know its a stupid question, but these are NOT metric are they ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
That unused arm on the passenger side spindle is for the factory tow bar, it has a rod that drops in that hole to steer the cart when being towed.. If your cart still had the stock front axle, there would be a mounting bracket welded in the center for the tow bar to attach to.. The unused tab on the spindle isn't hurting anything nor will it affect the operation of the cart..
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a cheap lift kit... instead of using drop spindles they opted for a drop axle and used the factor spindles. Unfortunately, that meant they had to install those garbage adapters. you have 3 real choices...... install a long travel lift kit, return to the stock front axle and install drop spindles, or have someone fabricate better tie rod to spindle adapters.

I usually set my toe in on a lifted cart between 1/8 and 1/4 toe in front to rear.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #10
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does it look like that little 4" "C" shaped adapter is the only thing they added to raise the front ? When I look in front & turn the tire by hand- I can see the flex in that "adapter" If I removed that "lift", I would return to stock height & the tires would rub-right ? Does it look like I have the right "oem" stuff remaining to install a better lift kit ? Thanks.. Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
It is a cheap lift kit... instead of using drop spindles they opted for a drop axle and used the factor spindles. Unfortunately, that meant they had to install those garbage adapters. you have 3 real choices...... install a long travel lift kit, return to the stock front axle and install drop spindles, or have someone fabricate better tie rod to spindle adapters.

I usually set my toe in on a lifted cart between 1/8 and 1/4 toe in front to rear.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO