lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
racerecks
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 Stroke Carb setup and BV21 vs BV18

Looking for help getting my 1989 2 Stroke running right. Since I bought my cart cheap and didn't know how it had been treated, I did a complete top and bottom end rebuild.

Since the rebuild, however, I'm having problems that I think are probably carburetor related. It lacks power after warming up. Since it starts quite easily without the choke, i suspect it's running rich. I have had some experience setting mixtures on single cylinder engines, but never without a factory starting point for each adjustment.

Can anyone give me reccomendations on where to start with the mixture screw(s), and maybe a little advice on identifying lean or rich operation? All of my experience is on lawnmowers where you can set the mixture at full speed on a bench, not rolling down the road.

Also, since the rebuild kits seem to be kind of expensive, I was looking for new carbs and found a new BV21 for $123 (larger than the original BV1. It is reportedly for the utility version of my cart and is supposed to fit. Does anyone have experience with switching to this carb? Will I gain any performance from it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tim
1989 EZGO 2 Stroke
racerecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
jcgonzal
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 Stroke Carb setup and BV21 vs BV18

I wanted to revive this thread to see if anyone has replaced their BV18 with a BV21. My BV18 is leaking badly, and the rebuild kit is so expensive that I'd probably rather replace the entire carb. The only reason I'd want to switch to the BV21 is because it seems much more readily available, and easier to get parts for.
jcgonzal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bv18, bv21, carb, carburetor, mixture
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO