lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Scruff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Tail lights for an ezgo st sport 2+2

Hi everyone - I just recently picked up an ezgo st sport 2+2 gas (2005) I spent the last week reading and wrenching. Tightened the gov to get her up to 20mph by gps (fast enough... dont want to blow it up yet ) Read all the brake adjustment tips and got the brakes working decent. I am now a little stumped. I want to buy some tail lights. The previous owner said it was prewired for them and I found what looks to be three wires coming out on the back passenger side fender. I didnt see any wires on the drivers side.

First question - what tail lights am I suppose to buy? 2nd, do they hook up to each other and just use the power from that passenger side hook up?

Thanks for any and all help and tips.
Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Tail lights for an ezgo st sport 2+2

Welcome to BGW!

They usually route a line on top of each frame rail to the rear of the cart. If you only have one 3-wire line you can tap of of it at the rear and bring it across to the other tail light. This would be OK for running lights and brake lights, but if you ever want turn signals, you would need seperate runs for each side.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #3
Scruff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok - after digging and pulling I found the other set of wires on the drivers side. Each side has four sets of wires coming out. Is it safe to assume that it is wired for braking tail lights? Anyone know what lights goes into those wires? I am ready to buy and finish this thing
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Get yourself a 12v test light and start checking. We have no idea what someone else has done before you got it.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I am not sure this will help, but it might, go to page 174 of the link below, section N-2 and see if this helps. It is a 31MB file so be patient.

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
Scruff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Losthusker - that is exactly how is it wired on my cart.

I called a local ezgo service center and he told me I couldnt buy factory tail lights that match up exactly to those pugs but he could strip the wires and add tail lights. He said that my model was prewired with the harness but ezgo never offered the lights separately... seemed like he just wanted me to bring it too him and pay him to do it.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruff View Post
Thanks Losthusker - that is exactly how is it wired on my cart.

I called a local ezgo service center and he told me I couldnt buy factory tail lights that match up exactly to those pugs but he could strip the wires and add tail lights. He said that my model was prewired with the harness but ezgo never offered the lights separately... seemed like he just wanted me to bring it too him and pay him to do it.

No Scheisse huh ? Why on earth would the factory offer lights that don't match the factory wiring Easy enough to do yourself now you know where the wires go. Good luck with it

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you can put any txt rear light on your cart. EZGO has used that rear body since 94ish. I just ordered several txt light kits that have leds for the tails.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
BigKidPlaying
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Where did you find rear tail lights for a TXt that are LED? Also any idea on where to get a complete kit for a ST at a reasonable price? Thanks
BigKidPlaying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Ezgo themselves have them, I would bet some of the site site sponsors would have them by now. All of my distributors have gone to the LED tails in their kits.

You can check on ShopEZGO.com. They run specials all the time including free shipping.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO