lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
mwillis
Not Yet Wild

Default Bypassing RPM Limiter?

I have a 2001 Club Car Gas cart, the rpm limiter is going out because the cart won't start unless you jiggle the black wire coming off of it and then it kicks in. Is there anyway to do away with it or bypass it? THANKS for the help!
mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bypassing RPM Limiter?

I suppose you could just fix the wire first, it sounds like a poor connection or perhaps broken inside the insulation then remove the ground wire from the limiter and hey presto, no more lagging

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can do as the above post suggest but you need to keep in mind that your gonna st times be over the rpm limits and thats not good on the engine, one to many times and pop goes the engine...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
mwillis
Not Yet Wild

I was trying to get around buying a new RPM limiter because it is a sealed part and it was loose inside of limiter, I found out you can't bypass so I bought a new one and cart is running fine now. Thanks
mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no not any micro,s will work you need ones that will fit and activate at the right time and have the right # of spade terminals on them however if you have a 3 spade microswitch with only 2 wires going to it you can use that just pay attention and plug wires onto the right spades but just any old microswitch won,t work...........................good luck and let us know how things are progressing.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #6
NeuroPsyche
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwillis View Post
I have a 2001 Club Car Gas cart, the rpm limiter is going out because the cart won't start unless you jiggle the black wire coming off of it and then it kicks in. Is there anyway to do away with it or bypass it? THANKS for the help!
this is exactly, exactly what is happening to my Club Car... I just wiggle the wires and she goes ... then stops. I didn't take the module off the engine, but I surmise that it's encased in epoxy or something so one probably can't even get into the module to solder a new wire on??? anyone know if it's possible to tear the thing apart to fix?

Where did you get yours may I ask? I probably should just go get one but buying local is too expensive... I'll take a look on eBay first, but if you have any suggestions please write back... Thanks!

(I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to)...
NeuroPsyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car