lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
tbolt
Gone Wild

Default Buy the right parts

When you are buying suspension and tires get what you need instead of the bargains. What do you have and how do you use it????

Glen
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Buy the right parts

Good advice and great pics Glen.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
tbolt
Gone Wild

Thanks, I know what my friends and I are running but would like to know what else works under similar conditions.

Glen
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Glen, I have noticed that your running 10" (rim size), tires when just about everyone else runs 12". I have always figured your doing this on purpose because it doesn't look like your afraid to spend money on that cart. i also know you like the 489's, they absorb a hellofalota impact.
I have been fortunate enough to have several carts with nearly identical suspension yet running vastly different tire setups. I run my big tire cart as you do yours, I would say my tires make up half of my suspension, I run over bumps that you can't even feel that would jar your eyeballs and make you want a kidney belt if I were to run over them with my cart that has the alltrails on it. The orange cart I ran the 489's on did twice as good as the cart with the alltrails, my big tire cart is probably twice as good as the orange one. and its all because of running big a$$ impact absorbing tires. The tires are maxxis mudbugs 27x12x10 on polaris rims, they stand 28 3/4" off the ground. I'm sure I don't push my cart as hard as you do yours, but i'll still get it a couple feet off the ground going over jumps. honestly without a rollcage and seatbelt I try to stay on the safer side of insane, but I can't help but cut loose every now and then. I'm not saying my cart will do as good as a long travel but being that it's a workhorse with a longer wheelbase, it does surprizingly well
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #5
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

One reason thast i would run 10's instead of 12's would be the extra rubber is alot softer, and you can run lowere pressures with out the bead coming off. that is why alot of off road trucks have only 15inch rims
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #6
tbolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnagainhardcore View Post
One reason thast i would run 10's instead of 12's would be the extra rubber is alot softer, and you can run lowere pressures with out the bead coming off. that is why alot of off road trucks have only 15inch rims
Jon, the reason for the 10" wheel size is twofold. I want as much sidewall as possible, and it has to fit in the toyhauler. It only clears the the pull down bunk buy 1.5" now. I also run 7" wide wheels, to get the sidewall out there to protect the wheel and to better keep the bead seated.

Turnagainhardcore has been rockcrawling before it seems. Without the cage and belts you need to be conservative.

Glen
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Yeah i have done my share of off-roading. building up a new rig slowly its a nissan xterra. but the golf cart seems to be a bit cheaper :D
Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #8
tbolt
Gone Wild

I'm not too sure about that. I have about $15K in my cart. And the 489's, they have taken me every place I have gone, they are good in sand with 3psi, they clean out really well in mud and they ride soft.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Gee Glen... you probably could of saved some if you hadn't added that diamond steering wheel cap. I told you it was too extravagant. J/K

Boo
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Glens cart is one of my favorites it would deff make my top ten. . maybe even five. It's shiny and is practical
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts