lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Cryptkeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default 79 CC brake problem

I be a newbie here, just starting to work on my 1979 Club Car. I assume it is NOT a DS. I have no brakes. I removed the master cylinder and it was filled with a bunch of crap with no fluid. I found a new one and installed it. I have 4 problems to solve:
1) I believe the brake line might be plugged. Can I replace this with 3/16" copper tubing (old one is steel)?
2) After 30 years, the brake line connectors are all rusty, and I cant seem to loosen them. How long should I wait after using penetrating oil to try and jar them lose (would rather replace them if I can.
3) Where can I buy 2 wheel cylinder kits to rebuild the cylinders?
4) What tool can I use to remove the tension springs?
I've been on a number of forums while rebuilding a 9N tractor. The guys on that forum are awsome. Hope the guys here are as responsive. I would appreciate any advice. Thx in advance fellas.
Cryptkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 79 CC brake problem

) I believe the brake line might be plugged. Can I replace this with 3/16" copper tubing (old one is steel)?
No you can not use copper it will not with stand the pressure.
You can try heating the fittings and use only 6 point sockets or quality tube wrenches.
The tension springs can be removed with a large set of specialty pliers you can rent, or
clamp on the vice grips and pry( usually results in a blood leak).
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good luck with that old golf cart as parts are hard to find.Do yourself a favor and move up to something newer.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Chances are good the lines will break. If you are good, you can rebend new lines. Steel ones are what you want to use. Wheel cylinders are still available new, or you can get rebuild kits at NAPA. Good luck
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

CRYPTKEEPER-- In most cases you will have to replace whole system as it has filled with moisture and normally is too pitted to be safe even if new kits are installed. When you want to get brake repair kits OR REPLACEMENTS for master cylinder and wheel cylinders clean up the castings and you will find a casting number that can be crossed over to modern parts by any large auto parts dealer. Never use copper lines for hydroulic brakes as they are not strong enough.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Cryptkeeper
Not Yet Wild

Thx to all U Gurus. I did it right and replaces ALL the lines. Now have fluid to the rear.
Thx a lot fellas.
Cryptkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake line plugged?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car