lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
Moxie
Not Yet Wild

Default Broke something again!!!!!

OK, I snapped my front shock on my Jakes long travel yesterday while doing some trail riding. My first question is; is there any automotive shock that I could replace both Jakes shocks with? Something that can handle the type of riding I do.

-----Or-----

Now that I have the front end sitting on the front tires, I like the slammed look. I thinking about possibly lowering it and making it an on road cart only. Only because I break something every time I go into the woods! Any advice on lowering my cart, maybe shorter shocks and remove the blocks in the back.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Moxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Broke something again!!!!!

Low is cool, but you shouldn't be breaking parts, unless you're hitting trees!

I would call jakes and raise a little he!!.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi Moxie, dont know if this would help or not but I just the other night put on a set of Harley bike shocks on my G1 and man what a difference in the ride. You might be able to find a shorter set of heavy duty shocks and do a little modding on them like I did to make them work. Good luck.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
OK, I snapped my front shock on my Jakes long travel yesterday while doing some trail riding. My first question is; is there any automotive shock that I could replace both Jakes shocks with? Something that can handle the type of riding I do.
You would think a lift that is designed for off-roading would handle "off-roading". I would call Jakes and explain whats going on. Did you snap the eye off the shock?
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
Moxie
Not Yet Wild

I plan on contacting Jakes tomorrow and see if they will replace it for free. They replaced a heim that I broke a few weeks ago. I had talked with Steve, the owner of Jakes months ago and he said the shocks were from China and were very cheap. He said he had to do this to keep the lift kit affordable so I would imagine that I won't have a problem replacing it.

I would still like to lower it a little so I will look into the motorcycle shocks. Thanks ic746.

Roady, I would say it snapped the top eye off the shaft.

Thanks for the advice and I will let ya'll know how it goes with Jakes.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
I had talked with Steve, the owner of Jakes months ago and he said the shocks were from China and were very cheap.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry to hear about your troubles with that Moxie.I was curious how much abuse that suspension would take.I personally like the way your cart looks lifted.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
Moxie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ElBurro. Please don't take this as a hit againts Jakes. Jakes customer support is great and so is the lift.

Last edited by Moxie; 12-31-2007 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: curse word
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #9
Moxie
Not Yet Wild

Well well well, Jakes wants to charge me $100.00 to replace the shock. So much for 100% customer satisfaction. Does anybody have any advice for any aftermarket shocks that I will not have to refinance my house to buy?
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 PM   #10
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car

I used to be into 4 wheel drive trucks and such.How about something from 4 wheel parts or whatever that place is or trying to find something from a sport quad like a 250x/300ex,warrior ,banshee etc.Theres got to be something out there.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts