lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Quality of disc brakes available

I have a neighbor that is building a 96 volt Club Car golf cart dune type buggy to try and out run his friends gas carts with large v twin engines? MUST BE GREAT TO HAVE MORE MONEY THAN ------? Anyway he is afraid that on the flat wet sand that is available on Padre Island near us will be far too fast for his stock brakes and wonders if one of the new front disc kits will be enough? Having not seen the new kits to get an idea he wanted to see what owners that have them feel about them. I dont know what he expects from his major conversion, but I think he is expecting far higher speed than he will get with his battery load? He is keeping under cover all the changes that he is and will be making until it can be tested. He is going so far as to order a special made portable charger for his trailer to give him peek battery charge for each run.
His concerns are for high speed straight line stopping rather than normal side to side turning ability of dune buggies. Also he wonders whether the sand will cause damage too fast on the seeming lighter disc's that I have found literature about. He is also considering replacing the stock rear mechanical brakes with hydraulic cylinders to give better stopping force. He has done this in the past to another cart and it seemed to give him max usage for stock drum size. I am in doubt whether he can use the kit master cylinder to operate his rear drum brakes as well. I feel he should be using a larger dual master cylinder made for that type of set up?
Any ideas from those of you out there that have the front disc brake conversions?
Yes I have contacted several supply sources and they dont want to recommend anything beyond what is listed in literature as per liability and I dont blame them.
YES ONCE CONVERSION IS DONE I WILL BE SENDING PICTURES AND INFO "IF ALLOWED".
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Quality of disc brakes available

I have a set of 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes on my ezgo. They are good and stopping power is excellent so far. I bought from http://www.wheelsca.com/ Tell rick that scottyb sent you
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks so much SCOTTYB I have passed this on for his info. Looks like a good kit and he is probably going with 4 wheel disc's.
Question did you ever get the club car with regen system to work right or did you junk it or convert? One in park having much of same problems and dealer wont work on it any more as he is stumped also?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yes, Mine required a wiring harness ..... So we never did pin=point the problem we just replaced the harness.....
Old 11-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Extractor
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have a set of 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes on my ezgo. They are good and stopping power is excellent so far. I bought from http://www.wheelsca.com/ Tell rick that scottyb sent you
Nice link, Scotty! Been waiting for Dirty to make them for AllSports but my heels are getting tired of the Fred Flinstone stops. Going to call them to see if they'll fit...if not, back to bugging DS!
Extractor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

They will fit! I personally provided the DS cart that was used to develope the proto types..... I have been using 2 sets of Ezgo brakes.... No need to wait or bug, they work. Just for PR tell him Scottyb sent you. I am not affliiated or paided in any way
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car