lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
smoother
Not Yet Wild

Default fatal error!

Well, I did the engine swap in my ezego and used a cc transaxle. What's the difference I figured I'll just turn the motor ! Well today was start up day and everything was pretty cool till I throttled up.Me being the dope I am failed to notice that the drive clutch moves towards the engine and my driven clutch moves away. It's amazing how much the belt gets torqued.Before you ask I will say the the cc rear end was the only one I could find. I reworked the old ego clutch so it would fit on the different rear end. It took forever to get the new drive clutch for the 18 horse and I pretty much made everything without having it in my hand. Ah the things we learn from a great mistake! So I guess what I am asking is who,where and what do I turn to to get a driven clutch that will fit a 7/8' shaft with a keyway the from the outside towards the center. Got any ideas?
Thanks
smoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fatal error!

You could always drive it in reverse for a while..

There is a sponsor or two on here who seems to have lots of clutches for
various applications.. CCP does..

Good luck.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
smoother
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: fatal error!

Well, I figured out just how dumb a guy can be. I looked at some pics from before the swap and see I put the clutch on backwards. When I took it in to get the key way cut I made the mistake ot telling the guy to cut it in the wrond side. I hate when that happens. So, it's back to the shop .
smoother is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!