lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
enjoylife..itsshort
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default All help will be greatly appreciated

Hello to all. I just joined up and need some advice from anyone willing to share it.
I have a winter project ahead of me that I've got a lot of great ideas for but I'm not sure if they will work. I picked up a gas '99 TXT for a good price and now my mind is starting to go crazy with ideas. My goal is for a lifted, custom-painted neighborhood toy with a few silly extras like a drop-down DVD (picked up a 10" already...cheap), CD/MP3 stereo with a powered subwoofer, under body neon, dash neon ropes, an inverter to plug a game system into, headlights and taillights, and obviously the game system (have a Game Cube lying around doing nothing). Sounds silly, Huh?
Any way I'm capable of the install of all of this but I'm not an electrical whiz. I don't think the starter/generator can handle all of this and I'm fairly sure the battery at stop will be drained a little to quickly. My initial thought was to run a second battery for some of the items and then use a battery tender at the end of the day. Well my son (10 years old) came up with the game system idea which led me to thinking of the inverter. That's where I started to really have some questions about the whole electrical system and all of these items. I've read some of the posts here and a lot of you are a lot smarter than me ( my wife would definitely agree with that statement) so I thought I'd ask. By the way, she thinks the cart looks good just the way it is, stock with a rear fold seat, but my daughter, son and me disagree. Thank God for democracy.
Any and all help and advice will be appreciated. I can't get back on the computer all the time but I will make sure when I do to say thanks and keep folks updated.
enjoylife..itsshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
MGM
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: All help will be greatly appreciated

Try mini Leds instead of neon. No transfomers and easy to hide and very low voltage. They work great for me.
MGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
enjoylife..itsshort
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks MGM, I;ll definitely look into those.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:58 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A small AMG type battery can be hid in the glovebox and charged seperately!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
enjoylife..itsshort
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your input also Scottyb. Don't know a lot about the AMG batteries but I'll look into them.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoylife..itsshort View Post
Thanks for your input also Scottyb. Don't know a lot about the AMG batteries but I'll look into them.
They are a sealed unit... and can operate at any angle
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO