lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
luzzionz
Not Yet Wild

Post Kill switch for all electric

New Precedent enthusiast .. just got the cart in the barn so to speak and noticed that the lights, horn and turn signals still function after turning the key off. which i should haven't known, we plan on driving this to the store dinner and yes golf course and i'd hate for someone to play the prank let's turn on the lights see how long they'll hold a charge. any ideas ? kill switch that kills everything ?
luzzionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Kill switch for all electric

Try the run tow switch under the seat? Do you have one? Will it kill the 12v side?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Put an ezgo key/light switch in it. Rewire the lights to only come on with the key switch.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Install a fog light relay controlled by the key and run all accessories through it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
A.D.
Gone Wild

I do not know much about Precedents but if you have a voltage reducer, wire the input side of you Voltage reducer to the switch and you pack negitive. This would allow the light to only be on if you have the key on. But if this is not possible then someone will chime in and correct me
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
I do not know much about Precedents but if you have a voltage reducer, wire the input side of you Voltage reducer to the switch and you pack negitive. This would allow the light to only be on if you have the key on. But if this is not possible then someone will chime in and correct me

NOTE : This works only IF you have a Voltage reducer !!!
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
A.D.
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmorrison View Post

NOTE : This works only IF you have a Voltage reducer !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D. View Post
Sorry G-Man i should have put it in all caps!!

Just curious, but i know there are other types of V/R that have a single input wire that is wired to the neg pack voltage (i think that is what i read) and if this is the type that he has is it possible to do what he is asking?? I guess wire the positve from the keyswitch to the lights and the negitve from the V/R to the lights, would that give him the 12v that he needs?
A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

So you are saying to wire the V/R input to the normally dead side of the switch.
Then when switch is enabled the V/R would be enabled .

I don't see why this would not work, it is just so easy to wire to the Neg of the pack.
But when wiring to the Neg of the pack even with lights off there is a small voltage bleed to the batteries from the V/R,
This method should solve that also.

The only problem I could see is if SW wire(s) or the SW itself could not stand the added load and something Fries
Old 09-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #9
Islandman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Don't see why you can't use an old fashioned battery switch like we use in all of our heavy equipment. Put it the positive side of the battery circuit , most will handle the amperage load and some have a removable key so that everyones club car key won't do them much good it they decide to borrow your cart. Just a suggestion
Islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Good point island , since almost all CC keys work on all carts

PS: are there still a lot of Virgins on the Island ????

Tags
kill switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car