lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Precedent AllSports Lift Install Complete, Alignment tips?

I finished my weekend project. Put a 4" Allsports lift kit on our '16 Prececent. with 20.5" tires, I think it may have been a bit much. I was on the fence between the 3" and 4" and it turned out higher than I expected. Oh well maybe it will settle down? All was good until I got to the rear. My two complaints were that the spring U-Bolts were 2" too long (which made for a lot of wrenching), and I was really scratching my head at the way Allsports sandwiches the factory brake cable plate between the axle and their flat plate. The factory cable plate has a lip on it, so it doesn't sit nice in the "sandwich." I ended up stacking washers on either side of the factory cable plate to make it work. Is this normal -Seems like a very poor oversight to an otherwise nice kit? They included 8 washers in the kit, but there was no mention where to use them.

Also, any tips for adjusting the camber and toe on this kit? There was nothing in the instructions on that either. The joints at the top/bottom of the A Arms were installed all the way in (From the factory). I guess I will be taking the wheel off and un-screwing them a little so I can get some adjustment there.
ClubCar86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Precedent AllSports Lift Install Complete, Alignment tips?

Camber? Is your kit adjustable? Usually the less expensive kits don't have an adjustment for camber, unless it's the long travel kit?

Toe, you want to be pretty much set at zero, maybe a tad toe in. I use 10' long angle iron on the outside of the front tires, line them up with the rear tires or use them to measure the toe from the front. Have a helper hold the angle on the front tire while you measure.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Slonomo, yea this kit has heim joints at the upper and lower A-Arms that can be threaded in/out and locked down. Having a helper is probably what would help the most. It was the end of the day when I made initial adjustments, and didn't have the patience.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Basically, the camber is trial and error. If you have positive camber, you will want to leave the top heim fully threaded in and thread out the bottom a little at a time until you have the desired amount. Negative camber the procedure is reverse, leave the bottom fully threaded in and use the top for adjustment. You can leave the wheel on, but absolutely need a 2nd person to support it while you adjust the heim. Having the cart frame on blocks or using a automotive post lift make this task much easier.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
ClubCar86
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks superpro, good idea about leaving one fully threaded.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I like my camber set at zero at ride height. The camber will change throughout the suspension cycle. Set the camber with a driver in the seat.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #7
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Where’s the pics???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts