lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2019, 12:58 AM   #1
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Speed sensor test

Alrighty, I have been navigating around looking at diagnostic procedures. I looked through the sticky notes or whatever stickeys are. Went out checked sensor, as described. Run sw on key on moved the cart to ensure, not in sleep mode, cart moved freely by pushing by hand. Rolled it down a slight grade. It never hesitated rolled out in the yard no backup beeping and didn’t slow.
So is that proof of a bad speed sensor.
The symptoms described were identical, take off fair then seem to slow. Really slow. So think I’m on to something?
Bigun 105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed sensor test

I have performed the rollaway test several times on my 48v Club car. It has no braking on rollaway, no Reverse alarm, pushes freely.
I used the reference in the sticky notes written by TahoedawgZ71, I hope that’s correct handle, spelling.

I am going to find, hopefully remove, and order new speed sensor, according to Z71’s photos.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:40 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Very likely the speed sensor is bad. Also be sure to check the magnet on the end of the motor shaft and make sure it’s not broken. It’s usually a good idea to change the magnet when you replace the sensor.
For replacement parts give Tahoe a call at his shop, Revolution Golf Cars. Excellent customer service and you’ll get the best quality parts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Sounds like a plan! I will getter done. Will let you know how that turns out. Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun 105 View Post
Sounds like a plan! I will getter done. Will let you know how that turns out. Thanks again.

Sounds like a speed sensor issue for sure.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:29 AM   #6
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have never owned a cart this new. Always have had older, mostly EZgo, 36V and
Several gas carts, but never a Fancy 4 passenger/fold dn utility bed, Fancy thing, like I purchased....about 3 months ago. Tragedy of a family member RIP passing is the only way. I was beginning to think, uhoh.
I knew, pretty sure. There was an issue. Here’s this nice newer upper middle class limo/work truck, but every time I saw it on the circuit the dang thing would not go 5mph seemed. You could run him down and be outta sight lickitee split. I don’t care how good something looks, in my hood, speed & reliability rules the roost!! Longer story short. I don’t do small spaces. I finally got the rumble seat off, motor cover off. Cleaned up my motor Lil bit Info tag ADC MOTOR 3.3 hp. Look at rt side of the back of the motor and there is a triangle shaped connector just kinda laying there top of motor look see the recipient coming from the SPEED SENSOR, IT HAD BEEN UNPLUGGED! I just think, we may have a new contender. Haven’t gotten it all back together. Just a test run. Then cleaned more.
Let ERIC do it’s job and I think it will be good. Will not rollaway, gives alarm. Unbelievable! Let ya know for sure tomorrow evening. Thanks
Old 12-02-2019, 11:28 PM   #7
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Seems to be working as designed. People really abused this Lil Caddy. We going to get her taken care of. I really had no idea how slow it was going. I dont know how fast a stock cart is designed to go WOT, but I think this one is moving around
20mph. Thanks for everything, been a pleasure. Will return
Old 12-03-2019, 08:20 AM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That was easy!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:42 AM   #9
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lol too easy! Taxman, we moving on to the next issue. This son of a gun, this morning, first time I have spent more than 5 minutes on this 2014 48V
Clubcar. Ten minutes later started jerking slightly, then the dang batt light illuminated very briefly, then the blinking. I just got back. I’m going to load test the batteries check individual, and as a whole. Any more suggestions? I will let you know what I find. Still has/had plenty of speed and rollaway alarm, motor braking good. Thanks

Last edited by Bigun 105; 12-03-2019 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Added rollaway alarm
Old 12-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #10
Bigun 105
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The batteries that were on this thing are RN plus, has the plastic tube attached to every battery for adding fluid. Levels all good.
TEST RESULTS WITH SNAP-ON battery alt/ load tester= not too good. After attaching load tester, applied load voltage drop to 4-5 volts no delay. All 4.
New batteries checked good, attached tester, 8-9 V, applied load= 8+V

THESE NEW BATTERIES ARE, U.S. Battery Mfg co. Deep cycle 8v have photos, but don’t know how to send. You probably know. Let me guess.... worst on market. Lol. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car