lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2019, 01:21 PM   #1
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Loading golf cart

I have a stock height short bed f250 and need some advice about loading. I’ve got plenty of payload and towing capacity and Will also be towing a camper. If I remove my tailgate I can get the cart in the bed and strapped down with no issue. I would like to leave my tail gate on the truck and strap it up. Have not yet towed the camper as I will be picking it up from the campground storage this weekend but wanted to see if anyone has experience on this situation.

Having a typical WD hitch is it possible to strap the tail gate up and still have clearance for turning with the camper? If so how did you strap the tail gate up?

I figure that someone has experience and can give some advice so I do t need to do hard learning myself.

Thanks for the advice.
Jsmth86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Loading golf cart

I also have a short bed but 4x4 so a little taller. My tailgate comes off because it would hit the propane bottles in a sharp turn. I also have the power jack but because of the height my seat step clears it. If you really want the gate where you are going either put it in the camper or in the bed next to the cart..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have heard and seen mixed emotions on this with tailgate on and off. My 2 cents is keep the tailgate off I used to strap mine to the carts rear seat floor board just to hold the tailgate up and keep the cart stowed with a couple completely different straps. I did this until I had a close call with a tailgate and now I completely remove it and leave it off till I get home! On top of that it will be trailer and cart specific weather it would work of not. The original rear seat on my cart had a taller foot rest and I could get the tailgate up pretty high, I put a new seat where the foot rest was below the bumper and the tailgate couldn't be angled very high, outside of that your trailer geometry, propane tanks, tongue jack, and things like that will dictate if it works or not for you.

If you dont want to do any "hard learning" keep the tailgate off!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

You can do it if you have the clearance. Only you can answer that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts