lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #1
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 RXV Solenoid and Motorbrake keeping burning out PLEASE HELP

I have an 2008 EZGO RXV that I purchased from a guy that buys and sells them. I don't think he had any malicioius intentions, but we have had NOTHING but problems with this thing....The solenoid burns out and in turn also burns out the motorbrake. I have replaced it twice and it just happened again....Does anyone have any experience with this specific problem and may be able to help? I can't afford to take it back the shop again (We've already spent around $1500 fixing it), but I also can't afford a new one. I am fairly handy. I just replaced the steering assembly and passenger spindle without any issue so I am sure I can figure out how to replace a solenoid or trace down other problems if someone can guide me.

I have 3 teenage kids that use it to get around the hood and my wife to go to the community mailbox so it REALLY sucks that its down AGAIN!!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
jallwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #2
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 RXV Solenoid and Motorbrake keeping burning out PLEASE HELP

Bump
Old 11-15-2019, 05:04 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Brake installed incorrectly? Read up, it has to be installed "just right", or it'll fail again & again. In as little as 500 feet.... Ruined, trash, garbage.....no second chances either ...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:35 PM   #4
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Since the solenoid is burning up, make sure you have the correct one. Ezgo part #609428. It is a Trombetta 36 volt solenoid rated for continuous duty. It is a 36 volt solenoid which is correct for a 2008 RXV. Your cart may have originally had a solenoid hard wired in the harness and been converted to a separate one.

The solenoid should have a small black wire to one of the small terminals and a small red wire to the other small terminal. If it was converted from the hard wired solenoid both of the wires may be black. One large terminal should have the B+ wire from the battery and a small yellow wire. The other large terminal should be connected to the B+ terminal on the controller and a ten gauge white wire from the resistor.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
jallwine
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngilliland View Post
Since the solenoid is burning up, make sure you have the correct one. Ezgo part #609428. It is a Trombetta 36 volt solenoid rated for continuous duty. It is a 36 volt solenoid which is correct for a 2008 RXV. Your cart may have originally had a solenoid hard wired in the harness and been converted to a separate one.

The solenoid should have a small black wire to one of the small terminals and a small red wire to the other small terminal. If it was converted from the hard wired solenoid both of the wires may be black. One large terminal should have the B+ wire from the battery and a small yellow wire. The other large terminal should be connected to the B+ terminal on the controller and a ten gauge white wire from the resistor.
Thanks! I will check this out in the morning!
Old 11-18-2019, 08:45 AM   #6
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also make sure the teenage kids aren't doing powerslides. That will kill a brake very quickly.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
locked up, solenoid, solenoid help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO