lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
wgbeasjr
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Precedent Brake Adjustment

On my 2012 Club Car I attempted to adjust the brakes to reduce the free travel on the pedal. It took a way inordinate amount of force to break the 1/2" lock nut nearest the brake pedal. I attempted to move the lock nut toward the pedal to create room for the adjustment road to move in the same direction. Repeated turning of the lock nut produced no movement up the threads. I think the threads are stripped. Shouldn't the amount of threads showing on the rod shorten as I turned the lock nut counter clockwise? I'm asking this before just to make sure I should see the lock nut moving down the threads in the direction of the front of the cart before going through the task of completely removing and replacing with a new adjustment rod assy.

Thanks.
wgbeasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car