lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Getting New Cart Have Question(s)

I have a good friend, an older gentleman that knew I was looking for an 80's gas ezgo....He found me one, from his neighbor. I have not seen it, but he says it is in great shape, EXCEPT it needs a clutch. Neighbor says it is a $70.00 part. My questions..I have the serial numbers, I believe it is an 87 EZGO. Can any of you guys tell by these numbers if it is a 2 cycle or 4 by the numbers and does that price sound right for a clutch for this? My friend says the owner has had the motor rebuilt by golf cart business 1.5 years ago and that he took it back when it started slipping, while at the shop his wife went and bought a new Ranger, so he did not need the cart anymore and did not have it fixed. Friend says owner is a very honest guy. I want to know if it is only a $70.00 part or a $270.00 and what model the cart is??? Thank You.
#-452126
#-J1687
kmcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Getting New Cart Have Question(s)

87 were all 2 strokes, i'd guess it's a marathon. I haven't ever seen a $70 clutches for any cart. The price will depend on which one it needs.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply. I have talked to my friend again and he is taking it back to the shop that did the rebuild and bringing it to me on Tuesday...They told him they would charge $130.00 for parts and labor. I wanted to do it that way and then I would know there were no big ticket surprises! Did the 2 strokes in 87 have premix or injectors? If injectors, should they be disconnected and go premix? Do you happen to know the mix ratio? Thanks again.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcrab View Post
Thanks for the reply. I have talked to my friend again and he is taking it back to the shop that did the rebuild and bringing it to me on Tuesday...They told him they would charge $130.00 for parts and labor. I wanted to do it that way and then I would know there were no big ticket surprises! Thanks again.
good choice.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Basically on the premix or injection issue. It is entirely up to the owner. Personally I disconnect them on any 2 stroke that I have so I don't have to worry about the pump going out and seizing up the motor but there are people out there that just like to add gas and then add oil and go. It is less hassle with it hooked up but if you don't mid mixing gas..... Your choice entirely..
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
kmcrab
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't mind, I disconnected it on the boat after witnessing two engine seizes on friends boats from failed injectors... The warning alarms don't always go off!! I feel safer. Thank You
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO