lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #1
TechBill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lift question

I have a 96 medalist where the frame is badly rusted so I went and got a donor frame for it. I am thinking of putting a lift on it but I wanted to ask around to see what the max size tire this cart can accept without a lift.

I am thinking about going with 22" tires with 5" or 6" lift since it seem to be the popular size for stability.

However, there is so many different type and brand of lifts out there. I noticed three different ones, frame lift, spindle lift and A arm lift. I will drive it off road but it not rough rocky or anything like that just mostly hilly bumps with grass, gravel or dirt roads so I am thinking frame lift should do the job for me. The A Arm lift look like a extreme lift that is very expensive for extreme off roading so it probably not what I needed.

Any recommended lift dealer on Amazon, Ebay or Facebook group to purchase it from? I am hoping to find a complete kits of lifts, wheels and tires in one same order to save cost. I don't want to risk buying a lift that was quickly manufactured requiring me to made some modification to it to make it fit on the cart. I am hoping for direct bolt on lift.
TechBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lift question

most people say for most carts 20" tires will fit without a lift.

I've not seen any make/model of cart that'll take 22" without a lift.

long travel lifts are cool, but expensive as you say. Did you look at our site sponsors for lifts? There are several sponsors available who will have a lift that'll do what you want. And the extra benefit is that site sponsors usually have better customer service/response times than Amazon. Also far more knowledge than any online big-box store like Amazon.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 AM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

20” will fit on most stock Ez-Go’s. No bigger in my experience.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:26 PM   #4
TechBill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
most people say for most carts 20" tires will fit without a lift.

I've not seen any make/model of cart that'll take 22" without a lift.

long travel lifts are cool, but expensive as you say. Did you look at our site sponsors for lifts? There are several sponsors available who will have a lift that'll do what you want. And the extra benefit is that site sponsors usually have better customer service/response times than Amazon. Also far more knowledge than any online big-box store like Amazon.
I just discovered a lift forum in here so I am reading there now.

I do se banners on the forum but are they forum sponsors banner or google ad banner?

Is there a post with a list of all the forum sponsors I can check for lifts?

Thank you
TechBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:45 AM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is a link up top to all the sponsors, but here is the link to them all directly.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:16 AM   #6
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
However, there is so many different type and brand of lifts out there. I noticed three different ones, frame lift, spindle lift and A arm lift. I will drive it off road but it not rough rocky or anything like that just mostly hilly bumps with grass, gravel or dirt roads so I am thinking frame lift should do the job for me. The A Arm lift look like a extreme lift that is very expensive for extreme off roading so it probably not what I needed.
I would suggest buying from a site sponsor, they keep this forum going. I have used and been highly impressed with https://www.ecartparts.com/ and http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/.

For your purposes I would say go with a middle of the road lift, A-arm lift. Spindle lifts are fine if you just want the look of a lifted cart and only using on road at slow speeds. They tend to be less stable though, especially in turns. Long travel lifts are quite expensive and for more extreme use. A-arm lifts are a good compromise between the two. More stable than spindle, and beefier, so should last longer. Way less expensive than a long travel. Just my humble opinion... Good luck with your build, and I look forward to seeing updates on it!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO