lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
somfas
Gone Wild

Default wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

I have most parts in now and waiting on the charger and a mess up with my Zeva order. Trying to plan the system on paper to finalize details with regards to relays, fuses, blocks, Anderson connector, Sleep switches, etc. Can some of you share your wiring diagrams? I have seen the one from MCJEFE DIY 101 conversion thread that I think Jeff Caldwell did? Anyway, I really would appreciate any help with those. I am using 10 modules, 72v system, two Zeva 12 cell BMS, EVMS3, Monitor, Hall effect sensor. Thanks!
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Please help with wiring diagrams for Zeva BMS and Leaf

I'm pretty sure that Pingeye3 has done up a diagram for your system before. He's a good friend to have before you get started. Send him a message and see if he can hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:37 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
I'm pretty sure that Pingeye3 has done up a diagram for your system before. He's a good friend to have before you get started. Send him a message and see if he can hook you up.

+1

PingEye3 is the man to talk to when it comes to lithium conversions.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #4
somfas
Gone Wild

ok, thanks guys. Will do!
Old 07-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I'd post my wiring diagram but I'm using a 7 module pack with the BMS-16. It's not the same.

But the basic wiring for the ZEVA .....I think.....can be found in your ZEVA instructions.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 AM   #6
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks DaveTM. I looked through that and get the big picture. I am getting caught up on all the details though. For one, I just found out the main cable to the battery goes actually through the circle on the hall affect sensor. I just know I'm going to miss other things like that. All the talk of extra relays or gigavics just confuse me more. Ian's stuff just covers the basics. I would like to have all the precautions in place, plus I like the sleep switch that (MCJEFE ?) did.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:53 AM   #7
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Thanks DaveTM. I looked through that and get the big picture. I am getting caught up on all the details though. For one, I just found out the main cable to the battery goes actually through the circle on the hall affect sensor. I just know I'm going to miss other things like that. All the talk of extra relays or gigavics just confuse me more. Ian's stuff just covers the basics. I would like to have all the precautions in place, plus I like the sleep switch that (MCJEFE ?) did.
It is important to have the direction of current oriented correctly through the hall effect sensor.

I also used the wiring diagram that MCJEFE posted. Very easy to read! I also used the sleep switch the way he did it. That thread helped me a lot to better understand how to wire it all.

I would suggest drawing out on paper, how you are thinking you are going to wire everything up, before you do it. That way folks can give advice before you actually do it. It helped out a LOT when I did my build. Like you say, with all the different ways of wiring all of the components up, it goes a long way for folks to give advice on your specific setup. Especially since your setup is going to 72v, which I have yet to see anyone else do with leaf modules.

Here is a link to my build thread where I posted a drawing of how I was going to do my wiring, just to give you an example: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lithi...ml#post1595608.

Our setups are a little different, so I'm just sharing this to give you an idea of how you can draw something up for folks to look at. I went with the gigavac contactor and a can bus, which it sounds like you are not using.

Hope this helps
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #8
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks BBHC. Still not sure on the Gigavic.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
somfas
Gone Wild

Hey, just checking, do any of you guys have a copy of the 72v diagram that Pingeye3 did?I've heard a couple of you refer to it. If so, would you share a link or email it? I would really appreciate it if you did. Thanks
Old 07-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #10
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by somfas View Post
Hey, just checking, do any of you guys have a copy of the 72v diagram that Pingeye3 did?I've heard a couple of you refer to it. If so, would you share a link or email it? I would really appreciate it if you did. Thanks
Just message him, tell him all the major components your using and ask if he's got a diagram that'll work that he can send you when he's got time. Gary's a good guy and will help you if he can. He's probably got twenty or more packs under his belt by now and has helped many of us on BGW in one way or another.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium