lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default G2 Front Hydraulic Brakes

Looking to share a idea I'm building to see what type of interest there is. Front Jake's brake kit on stock G2 a arms. Adjustable camber and caster --- stock height. I'm removing the outer end of the a arm - the king pin bracket - replacing it with a 2" wide by 3/8" thick by 6" long. Drilled - slotted - hole sawed to fit the end of the a arm. Uses 2 - 1/2" bore by 5/8-18 male heim joints to attach the spindle to the a arm with a 1/2x6" grade 8 bolt. The male heim joints use 2 flange nuts making it possible to move the upper joint in and out setting the camber --- the bottom hole is slotted so you can set the caster and you can move the joint in and out also.
I finally got a G2 Brake Kit that I can use to mock up the set up and get pictures. Over the next few days I'll post pictures of my progress.
Remember - no lift kits needed to run this. In the future I'll share the bracket dimensions and numbers for hydraulic rear brakes with parking brake. Jake's use WilWood brake products and what I suggest is the companion calipers just like the front only with a cable park brake.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #2
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Front Hydraulic Brakes

Any luck with the installment? Any ideas how to make the kit work for the rear instead of the cable discs or drum brakes?

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
webn237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:04 AM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I was able to get the adapters drilled and cut. 2"x6"x3/8" flat steel was drilled 5/8" holes on 4.160 center to center. Then I cut a 1-1/8" on the center of 4.160 with a hole saw for the swing arm tube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6344.JPG (239.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6345.JPG (227.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I was able to get the adapters drilled and cut. 2"x6"x3/8" flat steel was drilled 5/8" holes on 4.160 center to center. Then I cut a 1-1/8" on the center of 4.160 with a hole saw for the swing arm tube.
Sweet! Looking good man! Cant wait to see how it turns out!

Old 08-13-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I didn't build these for myself - they were for another builder.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #6
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
I didn't build these for myself - they were for another builder.
Any ideas how to make them work for the rear?

Old 08-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #7
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Yes I can put brakes on the rear of a G2. I've done all the resourcing of parts and have 2 G2's setup with 4 wheel disc brakes with parking brake. The calipers are WilWood bought from Ebay, I bought a replacement hardware kit for a G2 for the wheel studs and nuts and bolts. I made my own caliper supports, the brake lines were made from bulk hose and hose ends. The master cylinder is 2 sided like a car. I haven't found a need for a differential valve as the master cylinder is matched for use in this application. On my first build I put the master cylinder under the floor --- lower then the calipers mounted on the wheels. I had to install 2 2lb residual pressure valves inline on the brake lines. This way I didn't lose my brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6077.JPG (233.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6080.JPG (230.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6081.JPG (235.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6251.JPG (236.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #8
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Yes I can put brakes on the rear of a G2. I've done all the resourcing of parts and have 2 G2's setup with 4 wheel disc brakes with parking brake. The calipers are WilWood bought from Ebay, I bought a replacement hardware kit for a G2 for the wheel studs and nuts and bolts. I made my own caliper supports, the brake lines were made from bulk hose and hose ends. The master cylinder is 2 sided like a car. I haven't found a need for a differential valve as the master cylinder is matched for use in this application. On my first build I put the master cylinder under the floor --- lower then the calipers mounted on the wheels. I had to install 2 2lb residual pressure valves inline on the brake lines. This way I didn't lose my brakes.
The build I am doing has a gas G2 rear end and a G16 chassis with the front suspension. Im hoping to put in a v-twin or vc 625cc engine. So i want some good stopping power

Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 PM   #9
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do you think if I were to get a disc brake caliper mount for a G2 and up that it would work for the hydraulic brakes on the rear? It would give the caliper somewhere to mount to I would think with little modification.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:38 PM   #10
webn237
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by webn237 View Post
Sweet! Looking good man! Cant wait to see how it turns out!

What did it cost the guy who you built those for?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha