lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Default 06 Club Car Precedent stops on the same spot on a hill.

I just purchased an 06 Club Car Precedent 48volt system with 4 12volt Crown 2018 Batteries that were installed on Feb 19. I'm pretty sure it is bone stock. I installed an analog state of charge meter I have checked the water level in the batteries. I tightened all of the cables and fully charged them before letting my daughters go for a ride around the neighborhood. When I press on the throttle I can see the state of charge meter dip (as it should I think) when it is load. It never dips into the red but just enough to know its working. I'd say about a 1/4 inch. After about an hour of riding around on mostly flat streets and 1 little hill the thing stops. Always on the same spot on the same hill. I press the throttle and the gauge never moves. It's like it gets hot and shuts down for protection. I would think if the batteries were low the gauge would dip to the red or move some bit it does nothing. It still shows just under fully charged but will not go forward. If I put it in reverse the buzzer sounds. But it will not go. After a few minutes of sitting It will pull itself a little but stops again. I dropped it off at my local Hyster dealer and they have been driving it around all week to try to replicate the problem but cannot get it to stop. Could the motor be getting hot climbing the hill with 2 90 pound girls on it? Could it be the controller? I'm no expert but I really don't thing it is the batteries but I have been wrong before.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tireguy7606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 06 Club Car Precedent stops on the same spot on a hill.

Not a lot of information to go on but for starters can you hear the solenoid click when you step on the throttle. It should be a fairly loud click from under the seat area. If you or the Hyster dealer drive it at normal speed does it still cut out. Slow speed driving uses more power and produces more heat.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:26 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

And it is very important to know what the battery voltage is when this occurs. You need to hook your DVM up to the pack and lay it on the seat and when it occurs, record the voltage.

Let us know what you get....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

And, people have very varying opinions of what a "hill" is.

How steep? How long?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #5
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

OK. So I installed a digital voltage meter and had my girls drive it around again. After about an hour it dies again. I hop on it and give it throttle. I can hear the solenoid clicking when I give it throttle and again about 1 second after I let off. The meter says 50.3 dips to about 48.8, goes for maybe 10 yards then stops completely. My foot still fully depressing the throttle, the meter is at 50.3 again. I let off the pedal hear solenoid click off. Press the pedal again and it barely creaps back to the drive way. It will move in reverse though. I let it sit for 30 minutes to cool off and it drives perfect again.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:35 AM   #6
Qman97
Getting Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ler-issue.html

Same issue with me! Check the back of the metal plate to see if it is getting HOT.

I have a lift and larger tires with a upgraded motor, but stock solenoid and controller. I am thinking it is to much for the controller to handle and it might be time to upgrade to an alltrax controller and bigger solenoid

John
Qman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:16 AM   #7
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

https://photos.app.goo.gl/58xLxQg2LL7ffuMh7
Old 06-25-2019, 10:09 AM   #8
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

Also at times I will press on the throttle pedal and I can hear the solenoid click but the cart will not move. I'll have to let off the pedal and press it again to make it go. Could the whole problem be the MCOR? Maybe getting hot? Can it get too hot? I'm a complete newbie but I'm am reading all the forums I can to try to diagnose this myself. I have no problem replacing the MCOR 2 with an MCOR 4 if need be. I think I can with a conversion kit from Carts Unlimited.

Struggling a little here guys.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:24 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do You have a temp gun?

If so check the temperature of the Solenoid and Controller when that happens.

As far as the MCOR you can try putting the cart in Neutral and pressing the pedal several times all the way down when it happens.

While the MCOR does not get hot it can have signal issues due to corrosion.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:35 AM   #10
Tireguy7606
Getting Wild

I will put my daughters on it tonight, run it until it stops, check the temperature of the solenoid and the controller and post results this evening. Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car