lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
sabre124
Not Yet Wild

Default Starts in fwd but turns slow in reverse

So, I have a 3 wheel Harley Davidson cart. It starts and runs fine in forward, but in reverse the starter turns very slow almost like a dead battery. We checked brushes, and cleaned all cable connections . The directional switch was tested as well by just jumping the wires together bypassing the switch , with the same result ... anyone have any thoughts ?
Thanks
Mike
sabre124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2019, 02:06 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Starts in fwd but turns slow in reverse

I have an '85 that is doing this exact same thing as we speak but I am not going to be able to look at it for a couple of weeks yet.

Something dumb to check is whether or not the starter is spinning in reverse. If a belt is worn then the starter could be spinning but not be grabbing and pulling the belt. This makes it seem like nothing is working but, in reality, it is. Yes, a worn belt can work in one direction but not the other. Again, this might not be the issue but it's something that coming to mind. If you find a solution please post it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
Kcampbell
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: Starts in fwd but turns slow in reverse

I have the same issue, but is the opposite, spins faster in reverse and will start in reverse. However when put in forward, spins slow kind of a lope, as if it has a dying battery like an old 6 volt tractor and will not start. If you figure out what the issue is please let us know..I’m leaning towards a bad starter/generator... if I hadn’t good one to try I’d know for sure.
Kcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson