lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2019, 12:15 PM   #1
GCoA
Not Yet Wild

Default Mot Upgrade for '16 CC Precedent (JE prefix)

Alright...So I've searched the forums but seem to have only dug myself deeper into confusion. Looking for a torque upgrade to get up hills with 4 passengers (rear passengers are just children). Would an upgrade consisting of an Admiral Motor MOT-A4 with a XCT500IQ Alltrax controller and 400 AMP Solenoid be compatible with a 2016 Club Car Precedent with the serial prefix (JE)? I've seen that this is an I2 HF CHG, which would make it an Excel system with no OBC...basically a fleet cart, but that this upgrade is for the IQ system specifically. If installing a new motor and controller does it really even matter at this point? Also wondering if this upgrade would effect the use of the E.R.I.C charger for some reason. Thanks everyone!
GCoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Mot Upgrade for '16 CC Precedent (JE prefix)

No effect on the charger. The MOT-A4 and XCT is correct for your model

I like the FSIP Torque motor over the A4 as it is less expensive and better performance for the 2 we have tried.

And add 2g cables to your upgrade.

Here are some Combo Packages https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/u...ages-precedent you can look at. Call David Hicks (TahoeDawgZ71 for any questions or guidance on your wants and needs)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

NoleFan4Ever, what tire size and speed are You getting with the FSIP torque motors?

I have seen some recent posts where they don't reach high rpms (relative to stock ADC motor).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
NoleFan4Ever, what tire size and speed are You getting with the FSIP torque motors?

I have seen some recent posts where they don't reach high rpms (relative to stock ADC motor).
I've been getting 22-24 MPH out of them on 23" tires with an XCT pushing it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:36 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I've been getting 22-24 MPH out of them on 23" tires with an XCT pushing it.
Mine are similar to David's experience.... XCT500 on one and XCT400 on the other (solenoid and cables too), we got 22/23 mph and that was 2 full size men and I ~believe 23" tires. What we really liked was both motors (one DS and one Precedent) ran a little over 15 degrees cooler than the similar DS we had an A4 on with all in the same testing range. One went to Buchanan, Ga. and the other is in Ocala, Fl. Both have been running well in the hills and off road areas they are being used.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car