lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
golfcart1991
Not Yet Wild

Red face Valve issue :(

Not an expert like most of you here but managed to figure out my valves needed to be adjusted last year on my ezgo. Only issue is now I need to adjust/rotate the valves almost every couple weeks just to get her to move...

Not sure if this is a larger issue or what I can do but its a huge pain and I dont know what to do...cart will run belt will spin but wont engage enough to make the cart go...

Appreciate any help!
golfcart1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
dirtyyoda77
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Valve issue HELP :(

Intake valves go on these engines may need to pull the head and install new valves
dirtyyoda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:59 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Do the intake valves show more threads on the adjusters than the exhaust valves? If so they're done and need to be replaced.
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Valve issue :(

Like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valves.jpg (181.3 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
golfcart1991
Not Yet Wild

Is installing new intake valves difficult? You have a rough idea on price for parts? Cant seem to find any videos for replacing only for adjusting the valves.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
golfcart1991
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Do the intake valves show more threads on the adjusters than the exhaust valves? If so they're done and need to be replaced.
Since Im clearly a noob can you explain this a bit more in detail? how do i tell difference between the intake and exhaust valves. Ive basically had it opened up and adjusted the valves about 10x last summer.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
golfcart1991
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Like this
Yes thats what my cart looks like? What new parts do you think i need?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcart1991 View Post
Since Im clearly a noob can you explain this a bit more in detail? how do i tell difference between the intake and exhaust valves. Ive basically had it opened up and adjusted the valves about 10x last summer.
Intakes are the two in center of head
Old 05-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #9
golfcart1991
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Intakes are the two in center of head
so I just need these?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...57596563966821
Old 05-10-2019, 01:01 PM   #10
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You will have to get a new head gasket . I use the valve cover gasket that is on the engine unless it tears. I would also replace the timing belt while I was at it . You will probably tear the cam cover gasket so it would not be a bad idea to get one also. I will let you decide on those extras.

To get access to everything remove the engine and sit it on a table. You will have to remove drive clutch so you can install your timing belt.

You can make a drive clutch puller, cut a 4" piece of 5/8" bar and purchase a 3/4" fine thread x 2" bolt. Better than buying one and it works perfect.

Put impact wrench on the bolt using a 1 and 1/8th socket and tighten the bolt. It will pop the clutch off.

Here is the manual
http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/27615-g01.pdf

Engine is easy to get out. 8 bolts hold it in but you have to remove you metal pan on bottom of engine. Of course the wires and you will see what else needs to come off. Remove the two bolts that hold muffler to manifold and don't break them off . I usually remove the starter/generator to gain access to those two bolts but my skin is thin :) because I am getting old. :)

Be careful when you put engine back and don't mess up the shift cable. I can have one out in 30 minutes. Then go to work tearing into engine marking you bolts and taking pictures so you get it back just like it came apart. The timing can be tricky . Before you remove the belt take notice on where those marks are even though the manual shows it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO