lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2013 Club Car DS HD solenoid placement

Hey guys,

Installing an xct 500 and HD solenoid from scottyb this weekend. Any tips on securing the solenoid relatively close to where the original was? What are you guys using? Self tapping screws? Nuts and bolts? Doing all the work through the controller cover, but I’ll have an extra set of hands this weekend!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 10:17 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Club Car DS HD solenoid placement

I have mounted them in the very same area, but re-drilled the holes to align with the MZJ. I prefer bolts if in the stock location, but I use self tapping #10's if relocating to the opposite side of the plate. (That way the self-tapping threads are not facing the battery compartment as it will chew hands up over time!)

If you have done away with the OBC, I like to use a metal blank and I mount the solenoid on it, the use self tapping screws to mount it to the plate where the void is from the OBC and it works perfect.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

The OBC is intact, so it sounds like re-drilling holes and bolts is the best bet! Thank you for detailed response sir!

Old 04-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
I have mounted them in the very same area, but re-drilled the holes to align with the MZJ. I prefer bolts if in the stock location, but I use self tapping #10's if relocating to the opposite side of the plate. (That way the self-tapping threads are not facing the battery compartment as it will chew hands up over time!)

If you have done away with the OBC, I like to use a metal blank and I mount the solenoid on it, the use self tapping screws to mount it to the plate where the void is from the OBC and it works perfect.

Thanks again Nole for the quick response! Mounted beautifully. Now to get the batteries and all new cables hooked up [emoji1303]

Old 04-26-2019, 09:22 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That looks like a preofessional install - Great job! (Please be see to familiarize yourself with this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html sticky so you have no issues on the install. There is a picture at the end of the connections to ensure you orient the diodes correctly as you will not use a resistor with the XCT)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
That looks like a preofessional install - Great job! (Please be see to familiarize yourself with this http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html sticky so you have no issues on the install. There is a picture at the end of the connections to ensure you orient the diodes correctly as you will not use a resistor with the XCT)

Can’t tell ya how many times I’ve looked over that thread [emoji23]- scottyb did send me the 6a diode for my CC. Getting close! Just need my extra set of hands to get here tomorrow. Had a babysitter last night so the wife was forced to assist.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car