lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
frodrummer
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 81 2pg Carb fuel inlet COMING OFF!

Noticed the carburetor was leaking fuel. This inlet nozzle keeps slipping off. I don't know how to keep it from falling off. I have considered using sealant but can't find any that are gasoline friendly. Is there a trick to keeping this thing on? I can see that it has little teeth in it but I cannot keep it on. I had this issue with TWO previous carburetors and never did figure it out. Just bought new carbs out of frustration. Has to be something I’m missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 207093EC-7294-4952-B089-13F08853A605.jpg (60.6 KB, 0 views)
frodrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 81 2pg Carb fuel inlet COMING OFF!

JB Weld ??
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

I had one of those cheapie Chinese carbs do that, I probably got lucky but I just tapped it back in place with a little Cresent hammer no problem. It might have had a little tiny thin guage O-ring?? Don't remember

I like the JB weld idea. Clean it up good, apply a little around the what you mentioned as the 'teeth' area. Tap it on then smear more JB all over the outside. I'd also go with that tinted fuel line rather than the big black heavy normal line I see you're using. It's lighter and easier to work with, doesn't need a hose clamp, and it's very flexible so it won't put any stress on that fitting. Good Luck
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
bigbug1970ss
Not Yet Wild

Find a attachment point on both pieces you are connecting and add a spring to it, it should hold enough tension to keep it from separating. I like the jb weld idea, yet also consider down the road for some reason you need to unmarry that fitting and it's jb welded.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
bigbug1970ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #5
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Found a pic of mine using the blue tinted line I was talking about in my post above, Compare with the OP's pic using that big black normal fuel line. The blue is so much easier on that fitting and to install due to it's flexibility (and it stays flexible), Plus it's nice to be able to see IF the fuel is flowing when diagnosing a problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66.jpgccc.jpg (143.2 KB, 0 views)
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO