lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars



Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default DPI charger for 48 volt

I have a DPI charger that came with a CC that I got for parts. I do not know if it will work on my CC DS IQ that I am building. Model number for charger is 1-48015-04
1-48015-04. I have plugged it in to the cart an receptacle and it didn’t do anything.

E4A5C288-34C2-4FBC-92A4-C3A147A5180D.jpg

1132EE1A-8E65-475B-91EF-68787FA7D6EF.jpg

975FDD82-DD88-4804-9BF2-E37BF77DDC0C.jpg

0717505A-F271-474F-B27D-1B2EEFF5A8B8.jpg

Last edited by lockman1; 04-06-2019 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: Moved pics for easier reading
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 04-06-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Just need to know if charger is compatible with my 2006 cc. Donít want to drop an money in it if it will not work with my cart.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild
 
WalterM6's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

My thoughts. It appears that the charger doesn't have any electronics inside it to control the charge. If your cart has an OBC it might work. Does the charge have a circular 3 pin DC charging plug on it.

Googled it and yes that charger is for a Club Car w/OBC. If it's not working most people here would advise you to junk it and get a new "Smart Charger" instead of trying to repair it, which would cost as much as a new charger.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
My thoughts. It appears that the charger doesn't have any electronics inside it to control the charge. If your cart has an OBC it might work. Does the charge have a circular 3 pin DC charging plug on it.

Googled it and yes that charger is for a Club Car w/OBC. If it's not working most people here would advise you to junk it and get a new "Smart Charger" instead of trying to repair it, which would cost as much as a new charger.
Thanks WalterM6 Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought about no electronics inside. Yes the cart has the 3 pin DC plug. I think you are right it is not worthy putting any money in it. It was just laying around in the shop thought I would look into it. I will go with a smart charge when the time comes.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild
 
WalterM6's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

There are some simple problems that could be wrong with the charger. Why don't you make a post describing your problem and maybe somebody can post a fix. Like the problem you mentioned. You plug it in and nothing. That could be caused by the battery voltage being too low.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:15 AM   #6
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
There are some simple problems that could be wrong with the charger. Why don't you make a post describing your problem and maybe somebody can post a fix. Like the problem you mentioned. You plug it in and nothing. That could be caused by the battery voltage being too low.
The charger is a spare one I have. I am building a 2006 CC DS IQ. The cart came with a charger that works fine. The DPI charger (spare one) does not. When you plug it in I do not here a click from the relay or anything. Pack voltage is 50.4 after 12 hours. I did check the cords with a MM they check out good. Do not know what to test next.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #7
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Quad cities
Posts: 321
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Not sure if that’s a bridged rectifier or a triack but would check that the small square component.
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:09 AM   #8
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

I thing I know what you are talking about but I have know idea how to test that???
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:35 PM   #9
WalterM6
Gone Wild
 
WalterM6's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1,401
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Quote:
I have know idea how to test that???
First make a drawing of how it's wired up. Then get your ohmmeter out. Disconnect all wires from the bridge diode. Connect the meter between any two adjutant connections. One direction you should read open. Reverse the leads and you should read some resistance. Repeat for the other 3 diodes by selecting two more adjutant connections. Replace if any section reads the same in both directions either open or shorted.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #10
Goober11
Gone Wild
 
Goober11's Avatar
Club Car
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Richmond,Virginia
Posts: 284
Default Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
First make a drawing of how it's wired up. Then get your ohmmeter out. Disconnect all wires from the bridge diode. Connect the meter between any two adjutant connections. One direction you should read open. Reverse the leads and you should read some resistance. Repeat for the other 3 diodes by selecting two more adjutant connections. Replace if any section reads the same in both directions either open or shorted.
Thanks WalterM6 not at cart right now but will check in the am.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Wanted RXV 48 Volt & Yamaha 36 Volt Charger! Golf Carts and Parts
Want to trade 48 volt charger for 36 volt charger Golf Carts and Parts
Charge 48 volt cart with 36 and 12 volt charger Electric EZGO
How to hook up 12volt charger with 36 volt charger to charge 48 volts Electric EZGO
ezgo 36 volt charger min volt for charge? Electric golf carts


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.