lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Pkelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2007 club car precedent

I am trying to adjust brakes on my cart. I had a hard time taking the drum off but I got it off. My problem is my brakes dont have the adjuster up top(no rubber puece on back). How can i adjust them?
Pkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2007 club car precedent

If you have the ones i'm thinking of, they are supposed to be self adjusting. There is a small star wheel at the bottom of the shoe that you can turn but you might have trouble getting the drum back on. I usually knock the lip off the outside of the drum with a grinder and flap disc. A file might work as well. There is also a threaded rod on the brake pedal that you can adjust. Make sure the bottom of the brake shoes can move freely on the backing plate. Use penetrating oil sparingly. If the shoes don't move freely, they only use one side and you will have very poor braking.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Pkelly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2007 club car precedent

Thanks.
Pkelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjust brakes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car